Fisher knows the 46, Fisher knows Mcnair, if we dont win should it be a coaching Loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hellblitzer, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Will thats the way I see it. Our defense should be able to keep the Ravens at bay. Our offense should know how to attack the 46 with Fisher knowing it so well.

Now unless there are several mental mistakes thei game should be very close. Turnovers should be the key to a win on both sides. If we get blown out, IMHO its all on the coaches.

Thoughts?

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Sorry, but the Titans are going into a gun fight with a cap pistol.

3. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Or a knife fight with a stick....

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The logic is there, but definately a talent gap too, and Vince has never faced a D like this before. It takes some gettin used to.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

FYI Ray Ray is out today & Reed is playing

6. Code

Code Starter

Players win games. Talent wins out.

Take the best coached collegiate team in the nation ... lets say its Rutgers for argument sake.

Take the most talented collegiate team in the nation ... lets says it Ohio State.

Play the game 10 times and I suspect that Ohio State will win it 9 times, despite the Rutgers coach being 'better' than Jim Tressel.

Here's the single smartest thing Oilerman ever said ... you can't win in the NFL without a QB who can successfully manage a game. That's precisely the position we will be in until Vince has 20 or so starts underneath him in the NFL. No coach or coaching system can overcome that.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

True, knowing what to do and executing it are two different things. Vince has never played against a 46 so it may throw him. I saw one defense set the Ravens used against the Saints at the goal line, it was insane. They rushed one guy and dropped 10 into coverage. Brees had no idea what to do. While it was obvious if the linemen had taken off he could have run it in, but they weren't prepared to do that.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

well...

First, you may THINK Ohio State would beat Rutgers 10 out of 10 times, but didn't Rutgers just beat #3 in 1 out of 1?

The point is not that a superior coached team can beat a superior talent with good coaching. The point is than even an AVG talented team can beat a more talented team if you have good coaching.

With the Titans, it appears the reverse is true. Equally avg teams can beat us because we're getting out-coached AND Superior talent teams are killing us!!!

As for the 46 D, I haven't watched any Ravens games this year so I don't know how much they are playing this...but no one plays the 46D 100%. In fact, even in the 46D it's a package within a 4-3 defense. VY won't get it on every play (though I would if I were them). I'd also expect to see them line up in 4-3 and shift to the 46. This is what will cause the confusion.

To combat this, expect screen passes, short passes and a lot of work to the TE's and some slant and fade routes. With no Ray Lewis, I'd expect a lot of FB lead up the middle runs...hopefully with LenDale White to 'soften' the D.

But if they beat us, you have to see HOW they beat us before you can blame the coaches or the players, neither, or both.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar