Fisher likely gone after season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

Unless there's a coach out there who will 'let Vince be Vince', I don't see anything changing. Vince needs a coach who doesn't care if Vince works out or not, if he's in the film room or not, or if he gets upset over imagined slights. Most of them want a player who is willing to learn, to study hard, play hard, and take hard times in stride. They aren't psychologists and they don't have time to massage every player's psyche. jmo

2. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Some of u guys are putting way to much blame on Fisher. Last I checked how many playoff games VY won? Can we count on him for an entire season? He cost the puttsburgh game with his inability to handle a great defense. I say QB or defense is what we need. Our secondary is awful at times and CJ only cares about his own production. So if we get a new coach fine but this is way bigger than Fisher

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Thank You !!!!!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hate losing, but at this point a loss is a win by default.

5. NYCTitanfan84

Ummm...and what exactly has JF done without VY? And im not talking about the last few years..im talking about the 17 seasons he's been here. He's had more than enough time to prove that we can count on him and he hasn't come through

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. NYCTitanfan84

IMO...I dont think its that complex. I simply think its about working to your players strength instead of working against it. With the improvements that VY has made this year..I think it shows that he has been "willling to learn, study hard and play hard". So with that along with being surrounded by a staff that will support his growth I actually think we could flourish with VY as QB. But it'll just never happen under Jeff Fisher. JMO

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

This is my analogy of a coach: Coaches are like a brand new car. You get in your new car and you are full of excitment, ready to see how it feels, dreaming of where it can take you. The excitement of your buds wanting to take rides with you, everybody is feeling good...............

then................ that new car is 17 years old

The new car smell is gone, you have rode in it so many times, it's just an everyday ride now. You never got to go on that cruise down to Miami (Super Bowl) like you wanted too. The car is worn down, and constantly needs fixing (offense/defense), it starts smoking (less effort)....a sign that it's time is running out........then the day comes, it quits running. You have to push the car into the garage (motivating the players to play).

So what do you do?

You trade that b#$%& in and get a new one!

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

You honestly think any good coach is going to want to come somewhere and be forced to play a QB that the owner protects because he is from his favorite college? I seem to remember going 13-3 when Vince was on the bench. And yes, last year started 0-6, but we also were missing our starting corners and had 2 rookies starting. The fact that there is a debate between a QB who should be in his prime and a 37 year old shows how pathetic Young really is. Can't wait until he is no longer a Titan, which won't be long.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If this offseason were just a regular one I'd agree with you, but there's a very good chance if we hire from outside the organization that the lockout will prevent that staff from implementing their schemes until august.

That is a very risky process.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If it were one outburst I might be able to see your point, but it's almost become an annual thing. Get's booed and doesn't want to go back in against Jacksvonille in 2008. 2009 talks about asking for a trade in an interview. The strip club fight and now the whole "I'm quitting on you." Couple all of that with the injury concerns and I don't really see a point in having him anymore. He's become so unreliable to be in the game week in and week out that we NEED to have a veteran backup with starts under his belt on the roster.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar