Fisher Mariucci interview on NFL Network

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Actually I think you have preface that by saying he's likely flushed VY's career in Nashville down the drain. I have a pretty strong gut feeling if Vince is sent packing after all this shakes out next season, he's going to go to a team that needs a QB with his skills and and a supportive coach and become what he should have as a Titan had he had Fisher's full confidence and support.

I say all that with one caveat though, there is still no question in my mind that VY needs to mentally mature and become a full team player in order to fully capitalize on his skills. He is NOT innocent in all this, so while I may sound like a VY supporter apologist, I do recognize fully that he needs to get his s**t together to reach his full potential. Sadly I just don't think that was ever in the cards in Tenn based on Fishers lack of support for drafting him and working with him to nurture him along like he did with Mcnair.

Jessica said it best, Fisher shut the hell up and coach out the string now buddy. He knows full well that Vince is NOT welcome at that facility despite what he feeds the media. That is a flat out lie and if you look at his face you can almost see the contempt oozing out of his pores as he answers the questions about Vince. Fisher is a fraud, always has been always will be if you ask me... Go coach Cincy, San Fran, or Carolina to a .500 record coach, they'll love you there (for awhile maybe...).

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Jessica is right. Fisher needs to stop talking about this. He's trying to spin it and spin it and it's making him look as immature and petty as Vince.

And TJFish, don't mistake Vince-bashing for Fisher-praising. This forum used to be split about 50/50 pro/anti Fisher... I can't believe how many of us former pro-Fisher guys are now asking for a change - I'd bet it's around 90%. But many people here are just as fed up with Vince's issues off the field as they are with Fisher's issues on the field.

Personally, I want Fisher gone now. I'd still like to see Vince back, but it's hard for anyone to ignore his immaturity. He HAS to grow up. The people you think are Fisher trolls are actually asking for his head. But they don't blame Fisher for Vince's issues - nor should they.

3. mr tex

mr tex Starter

Be careful what you wish for guys. even if you all get your wish (fisher gone), what head coach is gonna want to come here and have VY forced down their throat by bud? No experienced guy like Cowher or Gruden will stand for that that's for sure.

That only leaves the door open for guys who are desperate for a HC gig which isn't exactly the best way to want to go either. Can you say Josh McDaniels & Lane Kiffin?

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Most NFL coaches see the most talented QB on the team & the QB that gives us the bench chance to win is Vince. If Vince messes up again next year do you really think Bud will want to sign him to a 5 year contract extension? Any coach coming here knows that VY is extremely talented and if he keeps his head on straight they will be a playoff team....that is if we can fix our awful defense. Is hope on his last year of his contract?

5. DJB

DJB Starter

The problem is, if the salespeople dont agree with the way the boss is doing things and/or treating his salespeople they wont work hard for him. And when someone finally has the stones to stand up and tell the boss off in front of everyone, the rest of the salespeople will rally around that guy (even if he does get let go).

I've been in that situation, having a boss no one respected and we LOVED it when someone did something to fly in the face of that boss....someone to finally say "you know what...you're full of it"

We've seen evidence of players getting fed up with Fisher. Bullucks comments, CJ second guessing the coach, the VY stuff, Britts towel. They don't respect Fisher anymore. Especially with how he continues to bash VY in the media, lies about former players wanting to return to the team, says someone is less than a man for texting yet has no problem firing someone over the phone.

6. mr tex

mr tex Starter

Never underestimate your boy bud. All vince might have to do to get that extension is be a decent game manager.

Another thing is will that experienced coach think that he can take them where they want to go. whomever gets the job will have to believe that hook line & sinker before bud hires them. What's more is that VY hasn't been able to keep his head on straight. This is also year 5 & still noone really knows what to make of him.

I look at a guy like gruden, whose offense is known to be fairly complex & have lengthy jargon to digest & its hard for me to envision Gruden having the patience to wait for Vy to master it...all the while still continuing to grow as a competent passer in this league.

Plus, VY's past & present transgressions against his coach/team might scare any other experienced coach off Given the fact that this is a qb driven league & coaches more than anyone are tied to them whether its success or failure. Bud's already said VY isn't going anywhere so whomever comes in is gonna have to be either young, desperate, both or just flat out a qb guru.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Fisher needs to shut the f up. He's won ONE game in the last two seasons without VY.

Fisher SUCKS and I can't wait until he's fired! Bud should do it on Xmas day for all Fisher's backtalk and shttalking about players.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Josh Mcdaniel has a mediocre QB like Kyle Orton leading one of the best passing game in the league with no run game and less than spectacular receivers. We have the leagues best wr, had a top rated passer and a good receiving core. Yet we still underachieved. Now we lose the qb and replace him with a decent qb, and also add a future hof at wr and were even worse. And oh yea, our RB is is having his worst year ever. I'd take Mcdaniels over Fisher right now, as long as he doesn't pull any draft day stunts. He seems to get the best out of his players.

9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I've listened to Fisher's spin for years. And I've bought into much of it. But lately I've started to notice it smells funny...LIKE DEAD FISH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar