fisher "Not going anywhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

Yep, more trash like Ahmard Hall, Bo Scaife....

If we can stay healthy next year, we're going to be tough....

Sure he's made some bad picks, what team hasn't??? Everyone knows the
    draft is a crap shoot. Sometimes even the obvious picks don't turn out to be great ones. Sometimes those guys drafted way down the line turn out to be studs.....He's been one of the best GM's in the league over the years and that's why we've been one of the top teams.

I wouldn't want a new GM....

I sure thought Fisher would get fired at the beginning of the year, too or atleast be gone at the end of the year, but the team has turned everything around. I remember how bad we were in 02 (I think) we had just lost to the Redskins at home with rookie Patrick Ramsey at QB, but then we turned it around and went on a huge streak and turned the season around.
    I think with so many new guys this year, it took awhile to get everyone going. I hate that the team always seems to start slow, but playing good at the end of the year is when you want to be playing your best ball.
    Too bad we were in such a hole to begin the season. If we could get in the playoffs, I think there could be some magic happen with VY.

2. I was just making a point that he knows what kinda of players will help this team..

and please, thats all nonsense, if you want to believe the media story that Chow and Fisher wanted Matt and Adams wanted Young

if you want to believe that, then this is who wanted who

**Edited

Fisher- Williams or Lienart
    Chow- Lienart

Reese- Young
    Schwartz-Young

It was a tie, so Adams said to pick Vince its not like Reese didnt want Vince either

I think Fisher and Reese have a great good cop bad cop relationship..

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know bud came out and said last week he told reese to draft vince, right?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

also, track back through to 2000 and see how many of our draft picks are still on the roster

there is NOBODY left from the 2001 class
    only ONE from 2002
    2003 can safely now be considered a bust
    2004 - less than half are left and maybe only half of those will stick

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Awful convenient to give credit to Reese for all the bad picks and give him no credit for all the good picks. That's just morally wrong.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

our drafting has gone down hill drastically since our head of scouting died in 2000.

hey, 2000, isnt that when we drafted our last pro bowler?

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i'm glad Fisher is not leaving...he deserves a raise...

if reese stays...so be it...

as for a replacement GM if he does leave...i'm for fisher doing it...

or the GM from SD...isn't there always rumors of him leaving b/c of tension between him and Marty

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if it were just a few bad picks - that would be one thing
    but it's entire draft classes here

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm guessing that you are forgetting the likes of Andre Woolfolk, Tyrone Calico, Rich Gardner, Michael Waddell, Donnie Nickey, Mike Echols, Tony Beckham, Rocky Boiman, Rocky Calmus, Jake Schifino, Eddie Berlin, etc. Just because he has hit on his last two drafts does not justify the crap he was bringing in in the past

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

EVERY team makes bad picks. EVERY team is forced to destroy and rebuild in a league restrained to created parity. What are you talking about Puck/Big Red? If anything, Reese built this team into a perennial playoff team (you forget that at least two of our pourous seasons were based on squads absolutely decimated by injury; it happens!).

People who always call for Reese's head need to realize the fact that success will ALWAYS come in cycles; the most successful teams have to purge, especially when the owner tells you to hold on to a squad to prolong certain talent's contracts and hold back releasing (which is what Adams did). It's part of a more balanced league. If anything, Reese has built, especially now, a squad that is VERY talented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar