Fisher - now that VY is done

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I have no doubt Fisher is staying. I would not be shocked to see him get an extension so that he can bring in a couple of quality coordinators who are going to require more than one-year deals.

Despite the winning "it's him or me" battle with Young and the love from the front office, I hope Bud takes a long look at the head coach who allowed back-to-back 0-6 runs after the VY dust settles.

2. amy

amy Starter

OR, he listened to the evidence, and decided that Vince was a liability and a detriment to team unity. We don't know all the stuff that has gone on for the last five years. But you are welcome to believe that they all lied about Vince for whatever reasons.

3. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

"If you want to win put Fisher in", is the motto here in Tennessee.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Funny, CJ's words supporting fisher a few days ago and his reaction on young now almost seem to suggest he was thinking that everyone here was going to work it all out after all of that and that they'd all be on the field bright and happy at the beginning of next season

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

What about the evidence that says Fisher couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag? He conveniently missed all that evidence? The .500 career win percent and atrocious playoff record? The consecutive seasons of garbage? What about that evidence?

We all know you don't like Vince. How about being objective with the real issue: Fisher. Fisher going, IMHO, was of MUCH more importance then Vince going. I was indifferent with VY, keep him or cut him as long as we get Fish out of here. I really think we made a grave mistake here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I don't think Bud was stupid for letting VY go. At the minimum he sent a message to the team by doing so. But yes im beyond ticked that Fisher and his coordinators are still here and obviously going nowhere. And to be fair to Bud, he's not exactly Al Davis if he was he would be in total control of this team. And he obviously trusts Fisher with that for reasons that remain unknown. And 8-8 seasons don't work for Davis. Fisher wouldn't last more than 17 games.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

This may not be over because I think Big Bad Bud is going to demand that Fisher make coaching staff changes, which he should! I think the contract says that Jeff has final say over his staff! The EGO won't let it go

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

If fishers drafts his son(Brandon fisher) even for preseason I'm just gonna go and beat the F#$% out of Bud Adams I don't care if his 90.

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Sorry. Stupid iPad had me in the wrong thread

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Simple. Fisher is made of teflon. He is the king of diverting blame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar