Fisher - now that VY is done

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Great post TJ... Cecil/Dinger certainly deserve their share of blame, but especially on the defensive side of the ball this is and always has been Fisher's scheme. Usually the head coach focuses on their side of the ball that they came from and leaves the other side with a little more room. This is Fisher's defense and no chance in DC will change that. If the D needs to change, then the HC must change.

We all know that Fisher is one of the more powerful coaches in the league in terms of in-house influence. I believe this is likely Fisher's offense as well. You're right, each OC puts their own spin but the offense under Steckel, Dinger, Chow, Dinger has been virtually the same. The only things to have changed it significantly are individuals like CJ and now Britt.

I get that the CBA makes it complicated, but I believe it's only in the short term. Long term it would be better to just get a fresh start now, let a new HC pick his QB and move on. Garrett and Frazier didn't have to make changes to make a change, and a new HC now would have time to begin the turn around.

2. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I honestly question Fishers dedication to winning to the level that the fans and the organization wants. Yes, he has said that he wants a ring, but, I actually believe that his ego has been inflated so much with all the longest tenure crap that he is actually willingly ready to sacrafice his opportunities to change how he does things just to keep his ego intact. If he ends up losing the rest of his years as a HC, I'm sure he is fine with that, losing doesn't seem to bother him that much now.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You are correct...you actually called me a "VY Cleat chaser" once (back in the day, before the Redskins game, when I supported him...you may have been the Gloat back then).

Ahh the memories.....

6. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

Check this out. On a SC message board someone wrote this "Well, SC finally stopped him." referring to "SC" as JF and "him" being VY. LOL

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Awesome news.

I really do think Cecil and Dinger are goners. It is a shame though because I really thought Cecil was a great DB coach. Maybe we can retain him? Dinger is just an extension of Fisher, IMO. We need a fresh mind in there that can utilize the offense and get us out of the stagnant waters we're perpetually drowning in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar