Fisher on Fox Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

McNair got hurt really because he would drop his shoulder rather than slide. Alot of his injuries came because he held the ball too long in the pocket waiting for something to develop that didn't. I think both of these things can be mentored.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Houston fans are like that too, they are just amazed right now, they have a solid QB in Carr. They really don't need to use that pick on Young unless they will trade him. You can't always draft hype, and they don't need him. The smartest thing to do would be to trade down and get D'Brick, but remember Dan Reeves is in that office, he draft Michael Vick.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Good point about Reeves.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've heard Reeves really play Vick down in AM on Sirius. He's said more than once that although he's phenomenal athlete, he's not a complete QB.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well maybe he doesn't think too highly of Volek.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I didn't even think about that, but you're right. There was no mention of Volek and the rest of the quote makes it look like he's definitely not in our plans for "franchise QB."

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think he's ever been in our plans as franchise QB... Does anyone have a quote to the contrary? I've never heard them mention him as a long term starter...

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

On Cold Pizza an Insider said he talked to the GM, and he said that the Texans will NOT be taking any type of QB.

9. smili

smili Starter

Can Fisher be making comments about a player who hasn't declared for the draft? I thought the league sent out something about Bush after his 500 yard game earlier in the year - warning don't talk about underclassmen.

Interesting no comment about Volek. Recent info in papers seems to indicate McNair seems pretty sure about coming back (talks more about working with recievers in offseason). I also understand from comments on 560 a couple mornings ago that Volek is upset with the Titans and wants out, despite concilliatory comments to the contrary. I've always liked Volek, but the situation just isn't going to work for him here. His time and McNair's time overlap. I do think Volek can play well in the right system, but Mac is going to be the guy here for a couple more years it seems.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that could mean anything.

I doubt a GM would tell anything to anyone outside the organisation in the hopes it won't get out to the media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar