Fisher on PACMAN...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Nothing but good words....SIGN HIM AND GIVE HIM THE RETURN DUTIES PERIOD.....

"I think we have to be careful to determine the level of interest right now," Fisher said Tuesday, when asked about the Lions and Jones. "Because there's a significant difference between a tryout and a visit and signing a player. But the one thing about Pac is we haven't heard about him for 18-20 months now, and I think there's something to be said for that. I mean, I think we're all of the opinion that people deserve a second chance."

Schwartz said Jones, 26, ran well last week in New Orleans, a month after an unimpressive showing at a private workout for the Cincinnati Bengals.

"I heard through the grapevine that the workout at Cincinnati was not up to par because of (his) condition level," Fisher said. "But you expect that out of a player that's been out that long. He's a very, very talented player. And I think if he's got things behind him and things squared away, he could help some team."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/2010...et-a-fresh-start-with-the-Lions#ixzz0j2igDnui

US FISHER...LET HIM HELP US...WE NEED A RETURNER AND YOU CAN SIGN HIM RIGHT NOW FOR VET MIN....LETS NOT WASTE OUR 6TH OVERALL PICK.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

FFS Pacman is NOT coming back.

Get over it.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's Jeff Fisher, one of the most knowledgeable coaches when it comes to speaking to the media. What would you expect him to say?

Jeff Fisher is not going to trash a player in the media unless he has good reason to (such as motivating a player). He's especially not going to trash a player who might be signed by one of his good friends/former colleagues (Jim Schwartz).

Most importantly, Jeff Fisher is smart enough to let some other team make the mistake of signing Pacman.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

...the problem is when posting this i knew everything that was gonna be posted in return.

i just really liked the kid and am one to believe he can return to form.

There are really only a handfull players in the nfl, where your heart just stops for a second when they get the ball. We're lucky we got CJ, he is the leader of such a group that includes players like DeSean, AP, and so forth. Pacman used to be on that list, and for a CB/returner it only took him one year of playing to get there.

An almost unanimous all-pro CB in his second year (FOX, CBS, and even SI if i remember correctly along with Champ at the time) and a player who returned better then Devin (i believe more yards on less oppurtunies and an equal amount of TDs had several not been called back); he was too good. and i will never stop voicing my opinion for his resigning with the team.

i respect where you guys are coming from though

5. amy

amy Starter

Why do so many think people cannot change? why do so many want to continuously punish a person? No wonder so many who make mistakes never try to do better. Every time they do, there is ALWAYS someone in their face, telling them they are useless, evil, worthless, and on and on

.It appears that Adam Jones has improved his life and if a team wants to give him another chance, then I'm for it. After all, Jesus said forgive your brother seven times seventy, which means every time he stumbles.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How many championships did this Jesus guy win?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I do think everyone is capable of change, even Pacman. I just think his history here is too bad for us to be the ones to give him another shot.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If a babysitter molests your children, it's nice to know that someone out there will be giving him/her a second chance.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Because that's a great comparison!

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You're completely missing the point. No one is against Pacman getting another chance, just not with the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar