Fisher on the Hot Seat???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

I'm very border line with Fisher right now. I will judge him this year and here are some of the things I'm looking for.

1. Vets on D taking poor angles and remaining starters.
    2. Pac giving away 15 yards and remaining the starter.
    3. Brown fumbles and remains the starter.
    4. Volek holds on the the ball to long and still starts.
    5. O -line false starting and not getting benched.

All in all if I see habitual bad habits from Vets and they don't get pulled out of the game then Fish can hit the road.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

So you are pissed at Fisher if he doesn't bench his best players when you think he should?
    If your best players make mistakes, how can you reasonably expect your second and third string to perform better?

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Fisher is the type of coach who has emotional ties to his team. Unlike some coaches who think that "if we don't do good, it must be all the players faults", Fisher is emotionally drained after a loss. He realizes that it is his fault for the most part and he has the will to make up for it. He is gonna treat the players like soldiers this year. Training Camp is gonna be boot camp. Some of the rookies are gonna wish that they got drafted by another team. By a head coach that doesn't care as much. People come up to me and say stuff like, "you are still a Titans fan?" and "they are gonna be trash, just like last year." I tell them that the talent is there. The depth in the Titans' offensive arsenal is mind boggling. The defense is a little more shallow depth wise, but there is a new "hit us if you dare" attitude about them. Volek has been working extra hard to get ready for this season. Fisher is doing the same. I agree with Fisher's "back to the basics" theme for Training Camp. I think that it will work wonders. I predict that we will have pro-bowlers this year. If they keep their heads in the right place and their "win now, relax later" attitude alive throughout the season, I think that they have a great shot at making the pro bowl. I can see Bulluck, Pacman, Mawae (of course), Vanden Bosh, and maybe Volek, Givens, and Thornton going to Hawaii this year. I realize that Volek is a kind of long shot for that prediction, but I base that off of his 2004 games. Fisher's more disciplined team will work wonders under the lights. I don't see him going anywhere soon.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

/yoda
    we are to give credit for success but ignore failures, we are?
    /yoda off

;)

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

1. The team tanking the month of December (especially the final two games).
    2. Not dealing with discipline issues, penalties, missed assignments, etc.
    3. Showing no improvement over the course of a season.

To me, wins and losses are important but where I judge a coach is how the team plays for him and how that coach deals with the issues associated with losing. There is no excuse for a team not playing with intensity. There is no excuse for a basic discipline issues, especially among veterans, being given a pass and when a team doesn't improve from the first game to the last, I think you have to look at coaching.

6. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Read the post. I said habitual.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. Last year with all the cuts we were obviously going to struggle, but as the year went on it was tough to find any positives to look forward to for this season. They simply didnt seem to improve much, if any at all. And I expect this team to struggle a bit this year, but, we should be much improved with some quality free agent pick ups, and the young guys from the last 2 years having some experience under their belt. I can understand the struggles the last 2 years, but, if this team isnt much more competitive this year, then Fisher and/or Reese need a long hard look at, because something isnt clicking.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll say it again, I don't think Fisher was at his best the last 2 years. I agree with TJ, the poor team effort is a reflection of the coaching and Fish should have done some discipline things different and not tolerated so much.

But, he appears to have re-gained the Fisher of old attitude with moving the camp and his theme. We'll see. I also agree this team appears to be loaded with talent, it's really going to be a waste if they can't put together some good plays this year.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

He kept rewarding the malcontents with PT. Titans only need 11 on the field at a time that leave room for 35 on the bench, surley some of those guys want to play instead of Miller, Pillar, Olsen(Last year), Hartwig, Hopkins - and that is just the OL.

This whole topic is kinda like the three blind guys talking about the elephant - they all described something other than an elephant depending on where they stood. Anyhow discipline or the lack of it was NOT addressed by Fisher except to apparently NOT make Adam Jones accountable for his on the field mental mistakes, at least that seems to be the only thing I can remember him addressing. Watching the whole OL do absoutly nothing all season should have created oppertunity for some of the young guys. IMHO

Don't get me started about the tackling:grrr:

I bet you will need some salt for the defensive side of your keyboard - lol

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

What on earth makes anyone assume that the D has somehow developed from absolute skirt wearing backward dancing high heel wearing sissy boys into some sort of 2000 Titan clone????? Until dehr Schwartzie PROVES he can have a D play up to or beyond the talent on the field I see no reason to be optomistic about the D.

I'm more concerned about Ws than Probowlers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar