Fisher Optimisitic Young Will Play in Playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans coach Jeff Fisher appeared optimistic Vince Young would play Sunday when his team meets the Chargers. “As we move through the week, it will be a day-to-day thing," Fisher said. “I can’t really say right now whether Vince is going to play this week, but I have a good feel that he’ll be back on the practice field and we’ll just see where it goes." The Titans return to practice on Wednesday to prepare for Sunday's game which begins at 3:30 p.m. central. Young was 14-of-18 passing for 157 yards with a 103 passer rating yesterday before leaving the game in the third quarter.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Broken pride usually takes awhile to return from. He might start, but he wont be at his best.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

VY better snap out of it.

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

i don't understand why there is a view that his "pride is hurt". If anything, leading a team from 3-13 to their first playoff appearance in 4 years--all while playing half a season injured would give me some swagger-not break my pride. Especially when considering that this team played above its head finishing at 10-6.

What am I missing?

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because he's been the weakest link on the team. He didn't "lead" a team to the playoffs. He actually was the one guy that you could pin for losing most the games for us.
    Don't you think it's a bit odd that he never gets injured if we're winning? Never gets injured if he's looking good? But every single game where he's struggling or losing, he limps off?

6. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

He got hurt in the 5th game of the season, and they finished 10-6, and he has limped visibly in about every game this season-very noticeably in the last 5, or which they have gone 4-1, so that argument is inaccurate, and a perversion of the truth to fit your argument.

Vince has been throwing the ball well the last few weeks. 14-18 with a QB rating over 100 last night is good for a "running QB". Coaching decisions and turnovers bythe RBs kept that from being a blowout. And Vince playing well last night prior to the injury further negates your argument.

7. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Oh, and your weakest link argument HAS to be hyperbole, because there is no way that you actually believe that WR is not the weakest link. With good WR's, (even the Texans receiving corp) this team is at least 12-4.

8. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

lets just start collins he has the experiance we need right now

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not too much. I have said this before, but we all need to remember that VY is still VERY young. He left school one year early, and last year still sounded very "collegiate" in his press conferences. The sulking and pride thing is about maturity, which can only be gained by time and experience.

That being said, I am still very comfortable that enduring VY's maturation process will pay off for us big time. VY has very noticeably improved in his passing performance (injuries and good defensive adjustments have limited his running, though) over the course of this season, and I believe that next year we will be needing to defend him from his critics much less than now.

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

:scared:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar