Fisher Optimisitic Young Will Play in Playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

despite a better QB rating, more yards, more yards per pass, better completion percentage?

I like it when you talk, it's good for a laugh.

2. Dang why so much hate on VY? The guy may have played injuried all year long and we not know because you know fisher doesn't like other teams to attack our weakness. I think thats why he hasn't been as affective as his rookie year. Its on his mind I bet all the time, he is thinking always as he pulls of to run, don't get, don't get hurt. I guess he thinks like that and its on the back of his mind and he can't perform well and thats why he hasn't pulled of to run. If you haven't noticed but last year he had this big burst where he could take a 40 yarder to the house, but you don't see that this year. I understand you guys can put all of the blame on him sometimes, but put yourself in his shoes. If I was injuried and I didn't tell anyone and went out there and played and didn't do so good, I wouldn't go and say I'm lieing and I am hurt and im sucking it up for the better of the team. If teams knew VY was playing hurt they would never keep a spy and teams would stack the box knowing VY won't beat them with his legs. Just my 2 cents!

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Quite an accomplishment to have more passing yards than your backup. Wow...only in a VY argument would I hear such things.
    And don't just make up stats thinking nobody will check. Collins has a better efficiency rating by about 10 pts. Usually coming in cold also.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was talking about the Colts game Cliffy, keep up.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Yes gloat. He's a giant failure. His team's 10-6 and going to the playoffs. Last night with collins in the game we scored 9 to vince's 7. Vince led them half way on the first drive kerry took over so those points should be considered for both guys. Also brown fumbled inside the 10 and lendale had a costly fumble. Vince was also playing against the starting group for the whole time while collins was in against the 2nd string. And give me the definition of playing well? He's finally putting up good passing stats but you still say he plays bad.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Like I said - Cliff Clavin.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Come to think of it.. Has Gloat ever said anything positive about a Titan on this board? (Kerry Collins doesn't count)

8. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

so this is a sad hug?
    [​IMG]

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We can count them:
    I constantly praise Finnegan, PacMan, Hope, Bulluck, Thornton, Haynesworth and KVB.
    And I say good things about Bironas, Griffin, Gage, Roydel, and Chris Brown.
    But if a player sucks, I'm not going to hype them just because they're a Titan. Some of you do that, and it's painful to watch. You can't make an unbiased anlalyzation. I can. Vince sucks. Reynaldo sucks. Lendale is average. Haper is average. Other than those few I don't bash much.
    And could we please stop mentioning how well the "team" is doing when making all the excuses for Vince? Him going 3 and out every possession didn't get us 10 wins. The defense holding up and making up for his mistakes did.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Texan Wrs vs titan wrs..

The texans do have the edge when andre johnson is playing but every year he seems to miss almost half his games. He missed 7 games this season so the edge isn't that great. To automatically assume we would be 2 games better with that unit is silly.

I think vince did improve in some areas this season that is obvious. His passing rating this year is 3.4 points higher than last year. It's obvious the injury to the thigh took away about 100 yards rushing and took away some of his natural aggressiveness.

If you loved vince last year how can you hate him this year? Yeah we would like to have seen more improvement but he wasn't that different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar