Fisher Optimisitic Young Will Play in Playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teegee

teegee Guest

Realistically, the Titans aren't going to the Super Bowl this year anyway, no matter who the QB is, so IF Young is healthy, he should start. However, the Titans do have a decent shot to beat San Diego -- as the Chargers always seem to underperform in the postseason (at least they have since making it to the SB some 10 years ago). So if Young ISN"T healthy, it would make more sense to go with Collins.

I know people only remember Collins' horrid Super Bowl performance, but he's usually been good in the postseason. Here are his #'s from his last four playoff games (I didn't include his first 2 playoff games when he was with Carolina, because he wasn't asked to do a lot with that offense. He wasn't great in those 2 games, but neither was he horrible).

Div. PS Win vs. Philly 12-19 (63.2%) 125 yds 0 TD 0 Int 1 sack 82.1 rat.
    Conf. PS W vs. Minn 28-39 (71.8%) 381 yds 5 TD 2 Int 0 sack 120.8 rat.
    SB Loss vs. Bal 15-39 (38.5%) 112 yds 0 TD 4 Int 4 sack 7.1 rat.
    WC PS Loss vs. SF 29-43 (67.4%) 342 yds 4 TD 1 Int 2 sack 112.7 rat.

Aside from the SB, those are very good numbers.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I really don't like guys talking about how good collins has done in the playoffs. I mean he's been pretty decent in the playoffs but those games were when he was in his prime and a starter for 16 games a year. He wasn't just asked to step in cold and win a playoff game.

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I love the way Fisher will make the apposing team prepare for 2 QBs ,even when he probably knows already if VY is gonna make it Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar