Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Now that sounds good. I would go for that, especially if we used the pick on a corner or a defensive end.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hmmm
    take the value of a late 4th, add to that the value of pick #54 ....... add it up
    is that some equal to (or in the ballpark) of the value of #28 ?

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I'm no mathalete but your reasoning is based on the idea Pac is only worth a late 4th. The Titans feel he is worth AT LEAST two 4ths. I agree. Regahdless...

Pick #54 = 360
    Pick #100= 100
    Pick #101= 98
    Total =558

Pick #28= 660

But whatever. That chart it outdated and dumb as a wonderlic. Lets do it.:yes:

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Pacman Trade Status Unclear

SUMMARY: With yesterday marking the one-year anniversary of the suspension of Pacman Jones, it remains unclear if and when he'll be traded. Talks with the Cowboys have cooled down due to a disagreement as to the compensation or money issues between the Titans and Pacman Jones. "I think the longer that it goes, the less likely [it will be done]," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said yesterday. "It’s just me trying to be realistic about it. I don’t have a feel for it right now." Other teams have been said to have contacted the Titans about Jones including the Patriots though none have entered into negotiations. Though NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said he doesn't plan on considering reinstatement until training camp, an appeal may occur next week in order for Jones to be back in the league before the NFL Draft later this month.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

5. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

well for the time being it seems like the titans have been to the wizaed of ozz and found their brains and that is good news for titans fans..lets stop the pacman trade talks and lets start looking for ways to improve this team not ways to make it worse... titans organazation please do not trade pacman jones i want to go deep into the playoffs this year

6. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

why would we want to use are ist round pick on a cornerback??? we have an awsome cornerback named pacman jones so lets keep pac and concentrate on other positions we need despertley like wr/de etc...

7. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

how can anybody think that a 4th round pick is fair compensasion for pacman jones... lets do the math people..pacman was the 6th pick in the 05 draft who happens to be an awsome athlete who makes big plays but lets go ahead and get rid of him for a 4th round pick??? name the last 4th round pick by the titans that turned into an awsome player??? or better yet name the last 4th round pick by the titans that became average??? or even better than that name 2 4th round titans picks that made the team after their rookie year???

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't bite on this last twist folks. This is all posturing and market testing by Jerry Jones. He has a boner for Pac. The deal will get done just before or on draft day. We are not going to finance Pac.

Hopefully, Pac will get reinstated before the draft, thus markedly increasing his value by inviting other hesitant bidders. Come on MR, be smart. Be willing to hold on to Pac until we get fair compensation, which IMO is a second round pick or a 3rd round plus a starting vet.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:pigfly:

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Correct. 1st or 2nd round pick is what he's worth based on raw talent, but remember there's a risk factor of him going haywire in some strip club and getting suspended. I'd say the chances of that happening is 50-60%, so deduct that from the second round pick and you end up with a 4th or 5th. Or atleast thats how I would look at it if i were Jerry Jones. I say keep the thug, play him and wait for his value to increase and trouble meter to decrease then trade him off for top market value if he continues running his mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar