Fisher Pleased with DL Pressure in Preseason Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans coach Jeff Fisher spoke on his defensive front's performance against the Redskins. "I was pleased with the defensive front. We had five sacks. I think we had seven in the entire preseason last year," said Fisher. "So it was good, we had pressure. We had all different kinds of sacks – slot blitz sacks and we had one-on-one sacks and game sacks. It was good to see them working together. As I said last night, we tackled well, which is encouraging. That’s always an issue. And that doesn’t guarantee we’re going to tackle well next week but at least we came through the offseason and through training camp with the right attitude, used technique and we were aggressive."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

KVB on the right, Odom looking quick and strong on the left, Fat Al being the usual disruptive force, and Tony Brown maybe looking even better than last year. It's only one preseason game, but it looked good. Health and depth could be the key here.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I like the Tony Brown start. He looked good. I hope he looks just as good once the games count.

4. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

all those blitzes, Fish must have taken over the defense for a night.

5. It's about time. We never biltz and when we do we get beat. Schwartz needs to biltz more in the game, because we got guys like hope, finnegan, harper, fuller, all guys that are fast enough to go on with a corner biltz. Fuller did a nice corner biltz and it payed off, he forced a sack and a fumble. So I think if the titans can get the defense right, then we can have a top 10 defense easily this year. Thats why we Didnt need Rice. Fisher has trust in these guys. Talk all you want and if you want to downplay our defense go ahead, but the d-line did the best so far of any of the other team I have watched this preseason.:yes:

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Great game on the defensive side!!! C. Finnegan looks pretty impressive just need to work on protecting the BALL. I agree with the guys we need to blitz more this year, we got some fast kids that come hard from the corners and they hit pretty hard. C. Henry looks pretty good and quick too he is going to be good man, watch out Lenwhale and Brown, for what i saw saturday night that first team spot still for grabs!! GO TITANS!!

7. bzdell917

bzdell917 Guest

C. Henry looks great! I was very impressed with our defense. I think that Fisher is the best coach in pro football!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

odom looks like a pre-season all-pro again. hopefully this year it will carry over the the regular season

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Our line alone was gettin to the qb. Thats what are biggest problem was last year, thats why we were ranked 32nd, we didnt have a pass rush. I guarantee most of the qb's we played had about 2-3 seconds more to pass on us lol. I watched the games from last year and our D-line rush was terrible. You cant really blame our secondary last year, because no corner or safety can cover forever, no matter how good you are.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, Odom was looking good. But, we've seen him look good in other preseasons. Hopefully he stays healthy and plays to his potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar