Fisher press conference (responses)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

From the tidbits I was able to catch from SportsCenter...it seems to me that although the organization may or may not be upset with some of the personnel decisions Jeff has made or tried to make..they're trying to go about this in a way thats respectful to Jeff Fisher so it doesn't become a slander war of he said he said. lol.

I think both parties just want to walk away from each other and move on quickly

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm trying to decide which is worse, Fisherspeak or Bud's boldfaced lies. "I don't know anything about that. I'll have to check."

You can't trust what either has to say whatsoever. Fisher dances around the truth while bud just jabs it with a sharp object. They were a match made in heaven.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans organization doesn't owe anyone anything as far as the details involved. However, why have a press conference with the media if you don't plan on giving details?

If Fisher wanted to give a goodbye, he could have taped something or just produced a statement.

4. amy

amy Starter

or hell, as the case may be

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Ewker......Love the way the out of towners who have no clue who Clay Travis is "it sucks" you........LOL

6. Jessica

Jessica Starter

Am I the only one that seems to care for the dude still? Yeah he needed to go but Jesus, it looked like he had just gotten done crying.

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I like the Lane Kiffin "quick, disheveled, everything's in the car and I'm getting the h#ll out of here" makeshift presser lol

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah, it did. Just society today. It's a shame we don't grant anyone dignity anymore. Of course we hardly ever treat our vets that leave with dignity either.

That said... I think Clay Travis had every right to ask the questions he did. Nothing he asked was hardball or overly disrespectful. Underwood could've made a simple answer stating Jeff's extending contracts to assistants brought us to a disagreement in the direction of the franchise and we mutually parted. Not really that huge of a deal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

It was interesting to me that not once did Underwood or Reinfeldt mention the fans. They both sounded like they were in a 60 Minutes corporate exposé - I think they sounded very defensive. Underwood did not come off well. You'd think that they'd have said "stick with us... we owe it to our fans to do the right thing..." etc. Instead, we got the 200 years of tenure babbling. Where were those 200 years during the past 2 seasons? I do think that the fans have a right to some information. The team relies upon their public perception to monetize their venture. If they were not concerned with public approval, there would have been no press conference. And Bud Adams showing up via speakerphone?? Nice touch.

The good news is: Young is gone, Fisher is gone, Underwood retires in August. Next up: Bud Adams sells the team.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Not at all.

It seems that everyone else is ready to throw JF under the bus now that he's gone (quite a few even before he was). But, consider that he did spend close to one third of his life as Head Coach of this franchise.

So, this had to be difficult for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar