Fisher press conference (responses)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

I'm not positioning myself, just pointing out the fact you guys are part of this "rational titans fan group" yet you guys are the ones posting personal attacks to be cute and then say it was because you were tired of the subject. Don't post to it or go to your social group. Simple. Go ahead and continue using the attacks, its just making you look silly and don't really have anything to counter with.

Better yet, go make your own site. :cool:

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

[​IMG]

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Seems I may have hit a nerve????

Did you just call me silly???? Oh my God....personal attack! FOUL! LOL....

Seriously, I think that when, after six months of having the same debate, where the pro-VY folks are just as unlikely to listen to any opposing viewpoint, I can see why some folks get annoyed enough to respond the way they do when presented with the same tired argument for the umpteenth time.

Also, I have posted to that forum maybe twice. I spend most of what little time I spend out on the main site....so get used to it.

4. Mr.biggums

Lol you keep acting like I'm mad or something. :kiss:

5. Mr.biggums

I really really really really really don't care if you continue, just pointing out your hypocrisy. I was just providing you with alternatives. :D

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

So, show me my hypocrisy....where did I go personal on you?

Alternatives??? Oliver Stone does that too...doesn't make him right.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I was riding in my car yesterday listening to the press conference. I have been in support of Fisher moving on (as well as releasing Vince) since the "blow-up".

I admit I got choked up when I heard Fish talking. Especially when I heard Fish say he had been in football for 25 years and given it his all and followed up with the statement "I just need some rest."

He said that in such a tired and dejected demeanor it made me reflect and appreciate what all he has done for this franchise. He took the high road and didn't disclose any details of the agreement to "part ways" despite multiple attempts by the media to provoke a response.

We've stated on this board numerous times that we believe "Fisher is burned out" and "the game has passed him by...." etc. But most coaches don't last beyond 10 years and Fish kept going beyond that.

I really appreciate his sincerity in that press conference. I appreciate his taking the high road. 16+ years is a major part of his life he committed to this organization. I hope he gets the rest he needs. I hope he lands a FO office job somewhere and/or has the opportunity to pursue some life interest's beyond football.

This franchise really does owe him at least a debt of gratitude. I'd like to see BA put him in the "Ring of Honor".

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You don't demand a guys head to roll and get pulled into his bs as he's leaving.

He may have said some nice things at McNairs funeral.
    He may have done some great things in the past.

Overall the last 4-5 years here he has been classless in his treatment of players who have given more to the team than he has.

Never forget his pathetic play calling and persistence in playing players out of position.Playing over the hill vets over more talented younger players.

Personally I need some time to heal before I can appreciate any of his good times here.

Right now I'd rather see him launched into space than placed on the ring of honor.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Regardless of how much you dislike Fisher, if you can't respect the good the man has done for the franchise, then you're choosing not to.

In time, I think fans will allow the positive times to be their memory of Fisher more than the negative.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

As I stated, personally I need some time to pass before I can remember Fishers good times fondly.

I enjoyed his good times as much as any other fan.

I'm not going to be cowed by a parting press conference though. The wounds and damage he's done to this franchise over the last few years are still too raw for that at the moment.

Closure and forgiveness will begin for me when the next guy starts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar