Fisher: Ravens have plenty of respect from us

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>The Titans consistently use perceived disrespect as a source of motivation, if not in the coaching offices certainly in the locker room.</p> <p>Regular readers of the AFC South Blog might know faux disrespect is a major pet peeve of mine, but as there was a good take on it Monday, I am compelled to share even at the risk of giving it additional life.</p> <p>A visiting reporter from Baltimore told Jeff Fisher at his Monday press conference that Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan said the Ravens had not gotten a lot of respect until after the Wild Card win over Miami.</p> <p>The quote that was paraphrased and conveyed to Fisher from Ryan after the win over the Dolphins: "Nobody has respected this team until right now and that's fine with us. Tough on everybody else, just right for us."</p> <p>To which Fisher replied:</p> <p>"Then maybe he needs to read the paper or watch TV, I think they've gotten plenty of respect. Obviously they got plenty of respect from us.</p> <p>"If that's the way you want to handle and motivate, then so be it. I think people aren't going to go out after kickoff and play hard because they felt like they felt like they we disrespected. You play hard to try to win the game."</p>

More...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:huh:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'm sorry. I'm not fluent in gibberish, Kuharsky.

4. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

During the year we felt slighted by the media and never talked about seriously. Ed Reed is suddenly talked about as the best safety ever, he's all over the place, before Sunday his name was never mentioned.

I hate ESPN. They choose at the beginning of the year who will and will not be good. When their predetermined good teams do well they ride their jock. When they do poorly they spend all day talking about their problems. When their predetermined bad teams do well they either discredit them or ignore them. As Titans fans I'm sure you know this all too well. We were picked to be last in the division.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't get why, the guy only had 9 interceptions, (eleven now).

He's definitely one of the best ever. Best in the league right now.

6. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

Jesus, even STEELERS fans think their team is disrespected! Every fan thinks their team gets the shaft with the officials.

If you are honest with yourself you know it's true.

And there is a world of difference between getting a lot of coverage (see Cowboys, Peyton Manning, Jets and Brett Favre) and getting respect. Trust me, there ain't a lot of dissing going around for a 13-3 #1 seed team.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How many of the 'experts' have picked us to win the superbowl?

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yes...WE DO know all to well how the media has always had the Titans off to the side and never took them seriously. We probably are still less "adored" by ESPN and other media than even the Ravens...so I don't really want to hear anyone talk about how they get no respect. Maybe we don't have enough smack talkers to draw attention or something...

If we somehow come out of this weekend with a win against the Ravens...all we will hear is how either the Chargers or the Steelers have battled through to the championship game.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Ed Reed returned a couple of missed fg's for td's a season or two ago, didn't he? Didn't he return one for a record 108 yards and then do it again for 109 yards? Ed Reed's greatness hasn't been lost on me.

Really though, the Ravens were a poor team last year. The Titans were far from spectacular themselves. Who really gives a yank about espn anyways? It's just entertainment. espn wants ratings so they cater to the tastes of the largest fan bases. It's sad that journalism takes a back seat these days but if teams like the Titans and Ravens want attention they do it by winning. Love from espn is a lot sweeter when it's earned and begrudgingly offered.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Agreed...I mean we see how they gushed over the Dolphins, Falcons, Dallas and Colts this year...and we see where they are [though the Dolphins and Falcons were an interesting story].

Dallas will always get attention, if for no other reason than having a bunch of talented individuals, but not a team in sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar