Fisher Ready to Get Titans Refocused

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After a difficult 23-17 loss yesterday to the Chargers, Titans coach Jeff Fisher is pointing to last season to get his team to put the game behind them and focus on the rest of the season. After 13 games, the Titans were still a game below .500. “Last year at this time we’d just beat Houston in overtime, we were 6-7 and we were rolling, things were great,” Fisher said. “We’re 7-6 (now), things are still OK. We played very well yesterday and didn’t win. So that’s it. We move on.” When the Titans shift focus to the Chiefs on Wednesday, they will be relatively healthy. Despite a number of minor injuries, Vince Young (ribs) may miss some work this week as will Albert Haynesworth (hamstring). But both are expected to play Sunday.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

so being from MD, i listen to chris cooley on the radio evey monday on this certain channell. He once said that Gibbs went off on the team at half time. He said it was the first time ever he saw that. Im just wondering, when is fisher going to go off on thsi team. I think we have the personallity on this team where if fisher were to kick some butt in the locker room or practice these guys would kick it into another level...i think we are going as fishers mellow personality is going this year...it starts from the top...i also think the only players on this team that do not need pep talks are KVB and Fat Al. You look at Al's face on sundays, it gives my shivers, and just the way KVB plays. I can not really find anyone else that has that MEAN factor on sundays...

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher needs to get HIMSELF refocused. The team is doing all they can.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think we are right on schedule for that 8-8 season. Five 8-8 seasons has to be a record. No coach has ever done that..

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He needs to light a fire under himself, and those coordiantors, and the players will be just fine.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If two 8-8 is followed by two 13-3, I take it.

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Fisher needs to be more agressive on the playing calling!!! 4th and 1 Dude this is death or alive lets freaking go for it.. Mr. Morimoto needs to let Vince play with out a hudle, untill we get something going for good!

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not unreasonable TJ.

04= 5-11
    05= 4-12
    06= 8-8
    07= (7-9 to 10-6)

That trend is not unreasonable considering the cap purge and our projected cap availability next year.

I think it is reasonable to expect at least a 10 win season next year.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Isn't it great that Fisher is ready to re-focus the team now that we're 7-6...:rolleyes:

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

With our cap availability, it was reasonable to expect at least a 10 win season THIS year. Especially with our cake schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar