Fisher said........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Um..when is 3-7 as a starter considered SOLID??

Reason he threw for a lot of yards because he didn't do squat running the offense the first half of games, Titans fall way behind, then the defense sporting a large lead lets upa bit in the 4th quarter and BillBoy get his yardage on a softer D.

Just let Vince play now..P. Manning sucked his first year too, now look at him.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Sorry dude but that doesnt make sense. I;ve liked Billy since he first signed up with the titans, but i do feel cheated now. Volek has been nagging and *****ing for the last 5 years, dying to be a starter somewhere. He finally gets the chance to be a leader for his team and be the starter atleast for the next 1 or 2 seasons (if he proves worth it). He is called upon to do the job and become the hero/saver of this team and prove himself and atleast attempt to pull the titans out of the hole they are in, instead he continues to ***** and complain about the current situation of his team and abandons them when they need him most. Volek is talented and has proven to have the ability to make some plays, however he will remain a "nobody" with that attitude. The difference between leaders and losers is the heart and attitude. Mcnair had both.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:rolleyes: your post is a joke

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

So THAT'S what happened ?!?!

I thought he'd slept with Jeff's wife or ran over his cat or something

seems he was just telling the truth

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Maybe Billy made a move on Jeff or looked at him weird in the showers...

6. Personally, I'd say that when the head coach starts making his decisions based on what the fans want, he should be fired.

As for your comment, the article didn't say that Fisher benched Volek for complaining about the offense and personnel. The article says that he was replaced because of his performance.
    The only real question is why the team waited to sign Collins so late. They should have already known that Volek had poor field presence after watching him last year.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Okay, so if I say I want Fisher to keep KFC in as starter no matter how badly he sucks, Fisher should be fired if he does it?

Great. I really like the way you think.

Of course his decisions should not be dictated by the idiotic and misinformed ranting of the fans. But that does not mean that he should commit to stupid paths as a matter of spite. Starting Collins is one of those stupid paths.
    That'll really show us fans who is driving the bus.

And talk about poor field vision, how can it be any worse than Collins?

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think any other NFL coach would start a QB again after he finished with a 1.3 QB Rating.

Unless he had some kind of double-secret plan the rest of the world isn't privy to.

9. I know that you know that's not what I said. :wack:

It's really all a process of elimination to me.
    - Volek is out because he's going to be traded (otherwise he would be the starter for now).
    - Young is out because he isn't ready to start in the NFL yet and the best thing they can do is bring him along slowly.
    - And behind door number 3? Kerry Collins. No, hardly a grand prize, but that's what's left.

I realize that there is a lot of gnashing of teeth because of how bad the team is. But that's the way things are some times. Just gotta roll with the punches.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So we're protecting Volek for a 6th round pick next year?
    Yeah, that's better than actually trying to win a game now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar