Fisher says angry White's issues resolved

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i haven't heard this issue (lendale shove) from any news source except Billy Bob said so...anybody got a link?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah, but we abandoned the run way too early. We were not down enough points to play the type of offense we tried yesterday.

There is no way of knowing what would have happened. Playing LW more could've given the defense more rest, which maybe helps them stop the Jets on a drive they didn't. Playing LW more could have opened up the play action pass, and maybe we catch the Jets sleeping on a deep pass.

One thing I'm fairly certain of, I don't think we get beat any worse yesterday had LW gotten 20-25 carries. If anything, I think the game is at least closer.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

The difference between these isn't amount of respect, it's amount of self-control. Any negative response shows lack of respect. LW could have just responded with a "whatever, dude", but he showed his lack of self-control and lack of character when he pushed Byner.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

5. Alex1939

I think he deserves a pass on it though. Like I said, he was probably really pissed at the moment, Byner got in his ear, and LW over-reacted.

Is it a good thing? No. Is it really a big deal? No.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Agreed! The Jets weren't stuffing our running game. Didn't CJ have over 4ypc?

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I wasn't arguing that the NFL is different than high school or college. Of course it's different. In the NFL, the players get paid to play the game. They are employees that have employers and supervisors.

You don't shove your supervisor (yes, a coach is a player's supervisor) without reprecussion.

It's actually very simple really. And I hope that if LW did shove a coach, that they will handle it internally. LW isn't exactly handling things very well these days, especially in the media, so I would rather they handle this as a family matter and tell all of us that it's none of our business.

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

9. Alex1939

For the record, I don't think i ever said you were arguing whether or not the NFL was different from college or high school.

I certainly agree that a running back's coach is a supervisor of the running back.

In your first response, you mentioned you'd get in trouble if you shoved your boss. I'm just pointing out there is a big difference in someone in a typical day job pushing their boss, and a running back of the NFL pushing their coach.

I agree. I just hope the heads of the "family" know the proper way to handle it, and don't have some personal grudge/problem with LW.

Clearly, I would like to see LW play more than he did on Sunday.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There should be no favoritism. Money made or how good the player is not going to completely trump what he did (if it went down how it's been described). LW isn't even that good to be getting preferential treatment :lol: Unless Byner was out of line himself, LW should be disciplined if he was out of line. Maybe that discipline took place with him not playing much (or at all, don't remember) after the incident.

This doesn't sound like something LW should be crucified over, but it seems like you're just blowing this off as no big deal while making excuses for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar