Fisher Says Brown's Request for Trade Agent's Idea

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher commented Wednesday on RB Chris Brown's request to be traded. "I have not spoken with Chris," said Fisher, who currently has Brown slated at the top of the team’s depth chart. "That does not surprise me and that should be an indication of where Chris is (in this process). I could understand Chris wanting an extension. Chris wants to be here. So, him asking for a trade does not imply that he doesn’t want to be here." Fisher went on to say that the move was likely made by an eager agent who felt it was in the best interest of Brown to push for an extension. "Chris changed agents and the new agents came in and they had a sit-down meeting and they want to talk extension. Right now’s not necessarily the time to talk extension because we’re busy with other contracts. They took it upon themselves to demand a trade and went public with it, so to me, I’m going to throw this in the agents’ laps and not Chris’.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

So how many players out there tell their agents, "hey, look out for me and don't bother me with the business details. I just wanna play football and get paid." ?

This isn't a rhetorical question. I think that some players probably say that, just wondering. If it was my career, I'd definitely not want my agent to talk to anybody about anything, especially the press, without my say so.

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

This is kind of what i was thinking all along. I freakin hate agents in the NFL. 99% of them are money hungry greedy SOBs. There is no team loyalty anymore from players due in part to agents filling their minds with BS. There should be a fixed salary for agents..regardless of how big/small their clients contracts are. Makes me sick...what is it going to be like in 10 or 20 years? Hopefully college football won't be totally corrupt by then too.

sorry. just venting a little bit. I love the game of football too much and sports agents just piss me off. No respect for the game or the fans.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I have a hard time believing Brown had no knowledge of this before it happened. Also, he's had a few days to comment on it and hasn't. No doubt he'll be asked Friday about it.

But I can see an agent floating out the idea and pushing it on Brown just to see what it might generate.

5. Volek told Rosenhaus to can it last year when he went into why the Titans needed to trade him. I haven't heard Brown say anything about his agent's comments...

6. well hopefully he will soon

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yes, it is due time for Chris to say something publicly
    or at least to Jeff - "I have not spoken with Chris"
    "That does not surprise me and that should be an indication of where Chris is (in this process). I could understand Chris wanting an extension. Chris wants to be here. So, him asking for a trade does not imply that he doesn’t want to be here."

seems to me though that if Chris wanted an extension - he should ask for an extension

he'll probably say something real cozy this weekend and we'll all get all warm and fuzzy on him again and somebody will actually represent with a Chris Brown sig

like this :
    [​IMG]

8. Volek did it the next day...

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

I thought this was the case all along, they has JUST interviewed Brown about a trade when there were rumors about the organization wanting to trade him, he said he planned to be here....

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The agents work for the players, its not the other way around. Chris knew what his agent was going to do, it might not have been Browns' idea, but he knew. If he didn't, he needs a new agent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar