Fisher Says Brown's Request for Trade Agent's Idea

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

well no **** he knew it was going to happen, the other people arent saying he didn't, they are just saying is that it wasn't CB's idea and that agents are slimy scumbags which they are...Brown wants to stay in Tennessee but just wants an extension...job security

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if he knew they were going to do it, he apperently didnt have a problem with them doing it. they work for him, if he didnt want them to go public with it, they wouldnt go public.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I wouldn't sign Chris to anything right now. He hasn't proved that he can stay on the field. Starting the 06 season with Volek & Brown as our starters in the valueable roles that they hold is scarey. Hopefully if they do re-sign him, the contract will be full of 'ifs'.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It is certainly a risk right now to do it but they would get him much cheaper than if he rushes for 1,500 yards this season.

If the Titans are interested, they'll begin talk AFTER the rookies are signed. Extensions are rarely done this time of year and it was premature to begin talks before the rookies were signed.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I wish Brown was what we thought he would be in the past...
    I thought he would step up once EG was gone...

He just gets hurt way too much.

Hey Puck, I jacked yo snack again.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats nice BP
    I dont see many fans reppin Chris

here's how I envision next offseason

Billy and Chris BOTH have monster years this year
    and become hot commodoties
    and we trade both for picks/vets

we get what we want - they get what they want
    and then Vince and LD start week1 in 07

7. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Sure Brown knew about the trade thing and the agent does work for the player but these guys make thier living selling BS to GMs and players. Im sure they told a nice story about how this would help Chris and he bought it. Any time a player is in the last year of their contract they get really nervous about injuries and anything else that could cost them big $. Chris wants an extension and we shouldnt blame me for that what he should be held accountable for is hiring agents that are to dumb to know this was the wrong time and the wrong to go about it.

8. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

The players were also in town during that time as well. Chris Brown may have been out of the country. He probably wasn't in Nashville.

9. Chris has been in town. He was in Drew Bennett's charity event here 2 days ago...

10. BTW, Brown spoke to the media on Friday. He didn't say he didn't want to be traded. He simply said his agents are working on that and that he isn't involved...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar