Fisher Says Defense Must Improve in '07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In Coach Jeff Fisher's Monday press conference, he was asked about improvements which needed to be made this offseason to his 32nd-ranked defense. "We’re going to pay a lot of attention to the defense, and we’re going to have to get better," said Fisher. "Whether it is scheme, personnel, whatever it is, we’re going to have to improve in that area. I don’t think our defense played to its ranking. I thought we played better than being 32nd. We scored on defense, and we did some good things. I think we were a little better than where we were rated. Really, we only have one direction to go, but this defense will definitely improve simply by acquiring a couple players in key positions that can certainly help to shore up some things." Fisher said the team will address both the DE and CB position along with other needs over the next few weeks.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

Coach, I agree. Statistically, Chief Red Hat is in the lower quarter in football IQ. I hear there is an opening on Wall Street for a stock brocker, maybe Jimmy would be interested

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I think its more of the personel

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think it sounds like Defense will be aquired. Offense Drafted.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fisher is right. in the category that matters, we ranked 31st(scoring)

we were one of two teams to allow 40+ points three times.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

listen, there is absolutely no sense behind going out and spending loads of money on talent that is underused or misused altogether

until the scheme changes (or the person scheming it is replaced), then this defense will continue to allow opposing offenses safe passages.
    Schwartz just drops too many into coverage too often

what we need is 2 more PacMan's in the secondary
    and a steady unyielding blitz

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Schwartzie is the problem, 32nd ranked D, it took him 5 years but he finally took the number 1 D and schwartified it.:grrhee:

8. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Ok, then we need to go out and sign Samuals and Jason Taylor, ASAP!

This should fix the defense.

9. More like Freeney and Samuels...

And they have to sort out the d-line, that's their no1 priority in my opinion...

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

athough I'm not disagreeing it cnbe pointed out that Gregg Wiliams didn't have to great a ranking this year either - before anyone goes and brings up fire x/ hire x

one thing can be evaluated in Schwartzification
    that it usually takes a year in the system to corrupt personell
    KVB and Reynaldo Hill are good examples. 2005 -good / 2006-not so good
    which, sadley, means that Hope and Thornton will be next to underachieve

:suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar