Fisher Says Defense Must Improve in '07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

your brain is not:barf: :helmet: :bonk2: :bricks:

2. I believe people said the same thing when I defended Alan Lowry a few years ago. Yet somehow he has miraculously become a good special teams coach again...

As I've said before, the players are the problem. I'm not saying Schwartz is the league's best DC, but he's more than good enough.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

au contraire
    I think some responsibilities should lie with the man insisting on using these individuals as starters

I'm perplexed by the Dline play ... they are better than that

but the secondary has been exposed on a weekly basis since last year, and has actually remained at the bottom of the league despite adding key cogs to all three defensive units (KVB / Thornton / Hope)

Schwartz's achilles is consistency
    we need more of what we did vs Indy / Miami / 4thQTR NYG
    and less of the Dallas / San Diego / New England

you can't really say it's solely the personell
    we could add a Samuels , a Freeny and a Adalius Thomas and could still see a way for him to underutilize them and find ways to scheme them out of position

Jimmy's got plenty of passes
    1st for injuries
    2nd for youth
    but this year there was no excuse

I'm sorry, but I don't see this defense ever being a TopTier unit with Chief Red Hat at the helm

4. Fire Fisher then?

If you want to make the argument that they need to dump some of the bad players in favor of younger guys, I'm all with you. But that's not necessarily Schwartz's call. Do you think it's coincidence that the Titans have always done that kind of stuff... on both sides of the ball?

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I don't care if Jim Schwartz was the next coming of Buddy Ryan, when you have a defense that for the past few years has been one of the league's worst, something has to change. Someone has to go. Somebody's head has to roll. Whatever other cliche I can throw in here. And we all know that in this league, a coach is much more likely to go than the players. So unless we're going to fire eleven defensive players, Jim Schwartz has to go.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

No passes for Jimmy this year. No major injuries, Antwan Odom still isn't consistently doing anything anyway; and 3 solid additions, and still we rank at the bottom. Enough said, we were better when we were injured and young? than talented and with vet savvy. We will never be a good team with Schwartz heading the D, bottom line, it's attitude.

7. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

what do u all think if finnegan took hill's place as the num 2 corner then make hill the nickle back? that is if we dont sign samuel or draft someone. i think finnegan needs to play more either start at corner or free safety next season. what do u all think?

8. Finnegan may be able to play outside, but Hill isn't suited to play nickel.

I'm all for Finnegan starting. I think he could be an excellent FS. And frankly, I'd like to see either him or Fuller get the job and the other one play the nickel. Lowry could also play safety.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

def. agree with Starkiller about Finnegan making an awesome FS.. but anyone is better than Lamont.. I think T-Rac should be under consideration.. I mean the man/racoon/whatever did hurt a player..

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Finnegan at CB, Fuller at NB and Lowry at FS :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar