Fisher says Moss was too tired to play late in the game.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

The end of the game when we were taking a shot at the end zone everyone, including myself, was wondering why Moss was not in the lineup.

Well, Fisher said, "He wasn't not out there for any other reason than he was tired."

This is already being blown up by the media on shows like Mike and Mike. It's being compared to Shanahan sitting McNabb and claiming he was gassed. Speculation that there must be more to it than that is being thrown around.

Was Moss really too tired to play in a key situation where we could have used him to go up for a ball in the end zone? If so, that is pretty sad.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/11/14/fisher-says-moss-was-tired/

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I guess VY was too tired to play the first half too..just the usual Fisher BS if you ask me, excuses.

Now that I think about it..Moss probably was too tired..from all the blocking and running down field by himself all game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

He's never too tired in Madden.. WTF!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

It's pretty bad when the game is on the line and your supposed Super Star "game changing" receiver is too tired to play.

Then again, there may be more to it than just that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. amy

amy Starter

Then I must assume the entire defensive unit was too tired to play also, considering the display of uselessness they put on. The bye week must have just tired out their little muscles something awful!

I must also assume the coaching staff was too tired to devise intelligent plays. That statement has got to be a idiotic attempt to deflect the questions on why the play calling was so god-awful. But I must say, Fisher is good at lying. I wish I could come with doozies like that and keep a straight face.
    sheesh!

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is a direct quote in Wyatt's article:

“He was tired; they were all tired,’’ Coach Jeff Fisher said of Moss and the other receivers. “That was a lot of running today. We tried to make a play in the end zone. He wasn’t not out there for any other reason than he was tired.”

Weenie Wyatt strikes again attempting to sensationalize a story.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

If they were all tired does that mean Fisher thinks tired Justin Gage is better than tired Randy Moss?

8. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

The man almost everyone thought was going to make this team a Super Bowl contender, is too tired for the "Big Play" when the game is on the line.

Is that not a story? No one is attempting to sensationalize anything, those are just the facts. Or are they? Was there something more to it?

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Apparently so- go figure. It would also appear that a "double covered" Randy Moss has a better chance of catching and holding on to the ball than Scaife, Gage and maybe Washington.

I think Moss should have been on that field AND I think we should have thrown to him more than 4 times. He caught one, got interfered with on another and was grossly overthrown on the other two with no chance. The gameplan concerning Moss sucked IMO. I'm impressed that Randy didn't go off on Fisher/Dinger/Collins/VY but held the party line during the post game.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

um he dropped one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar