Fisher says Ringer will play bigger part.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

One thing you will never see is CJ and Ringer in the same formation.

That would create misdirection and set up too many openings for Fishers playbook to handle.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Yeah Fisher-ball is like the Bible, you cannot add nor takeaway. From 1st Fisherloninans 12:32-33, "Neither add new creative ideas into the mix, or taketh away the old tried and true 2 yard run plays. For it is a must that the ball be carried on both first and second down, every series".

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Think it's a mistake. If you reduce the touches, you reduce the opportunities for the big gain. The best player should be on the field. I Like Ringer thus far, but he's not CJ. There will be a loss in production and I just hope that Fisher recalls that the fix will be to get CJ his touches again.

The only time I want to see Ringer is after a huge run to get CJ some rest before he re-enters the game.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually, it seems as if Ringer is more prone to have the 'big run' than CJ is these days.
    As far as per opportunity goes at least.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

As long as CJ continues to get 25-30 carries per game, opposing defenses will sell out to stop him. Sure, we'll still see the occasional 40+ yard TD....but the overwhelming majority of his carries will be 3 yards or less. And as long as he continues to get stuffed on 80-90% of his carries, he will be relatively ineffective, and the offense as a whole will struggle.

This is a case of "less is more". The more weapons the Titans show on offense, the more difficult it will be for opposing defenses to focus on CJ. In most cases, this refers to the passing game...but it extends to Ringer, as well. If Javon can prove himself as a productive between-the-tackles runner (and so far he's looked great), then opponents will be forced to pick their poison: let CJ kill them quickly with outside runs, or let Ringer slowly bleed them dry 5-10 yards at a time.

There's also the need to keep CJ fresh in the 4th quarter. I'm sure you remember the big 40+ yard run he had against the Giants. Last year, that play is a 65-yard home run....but the fact is, we're just not seeing that ridiculous "getting away from the cops" burst he so often displayed last year. He's still the fastest player on the field, and he'll still beating them to the endzone...but it's not like last year, when he made the rest of the field look downright slow.

I won't say he's already starting to wear down....but Fisher needs to be very careful with how he handles CJ early in the year, and resist the temptation to kill his golden goose.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Over 30 carries (most of them up the middle) for a 190 pound running back is just ludicrous in my opinion. I really have no idea what Fisher is thinking along these lines. I almost wonder if he had no idea how many carries CJ was racking up and then looked at the stat line after the game like "oh........whoops".

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Let's hope Fisher isn't over game planning

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Comic Sans.... you serious?

Ioughtta slap you.

9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I definitely think we should take some of the load off of CJ and so far I like what I've seen from Ringer. I still think it would be nice to have a big "bruiser" back to wear down the line and pound out those tough yards and then throw a fresh Cj at them to slice them. Plus I don't want to see us wear him out in few short years, let's try to extend his career as much as possible.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If the entire defense is focused on CJ, that's a really good thing. Keep him in the game at all times and watch the score board flip.

Payton, Emmitt, and all the greats carried the ball at the same clip, and CJ is getting more yards than all of them. The great ones get attention and they get their teams to the superbowl by drawing attention and still delivering the yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar