Fisher Says Titans Improved Since Last Jags Meeting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans were never in the first meeting with the Jaguars as they fell 37-7 in a game where rookie QB Vince Young had three INT. Coach Jeff Fisher feels his team has improved in a number of ways since that first game. "I think we’re an improved team," said Fisher. "We’ve gotten some players back, but we’ve lost some players. We didn’t play with Pac (Jones) or Albert (Haynesworth) in that first game, but we’ve lost several players. We have several players that will be questionable going into this game and that would be Travis (Henry) and Bo Scaife. From a confidence standpoint, we’ve won some games. We’ve won some close games. We’ve got them (the Jaguars) at home."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. how could get any worse?

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

The Jags are just another box on our checklist

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Has Jeff run out of things to say.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

He's going after TitanJeff's Captain Obvious title :ha:

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's important for the coach to acknowledge that the team is getting better. Positive reinforcement is good, it's nice to be able to say good things after the last two years.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd rather have Pacman and Albert on defense rather than Travis and Bo on offense.

Can I get an "amen?"

No wait. I don't want a warning for religious subjugation.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

In TJ's defense, he was showing how Fisher is the real Captain Obvious (true).

I say that because I'm the one who leveled that at TJ a few weeks ago.

9. FBT

FBT Starter

Under the "L" column, I'd presume?

I would certainly hope the Titans had improved over the last time we played them. However, so have the Jaguars. Remember, we held VY to 14 yards rushing and made him look bad in the passing game. All that without Marcus Stroud on the field. He's healthy and will be playing this time around.

You guys have had a nice run the past few weeks, but all good things come to an end. The Jags defense has a few new wrinkles in place for this game, and our running game is really cranking up. It should be a great game, but I would expect to see the Jags walk out of LP with a win on Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar