Fisher Says Young Situation Not a Distraction for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher commented after practice today on Vince Young. "He came in this morning, he’s excited to get back and start treatment and get back in the building with his teammates," said Fisher. "He interacted well with his teammates and he’s going to work very hard to rehab and get back on the field as quickly as he can." When asked if the starting QB job would be Young's when he returned, Fisher said there was work to be done beyond healing his knee. "Yeah, but he’s got some work to do, obviously," said Fisher. "He has to put some things back in perspective and first and foremost has to get healthy." Fisher went on to say Young's situation was not a distraction for his team and would not comment when asked if Young was to undergo a mental evaluation.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

this is fishers subtle way of saying, Vince is a basketcase

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I can get with that. It makes me feel better about the whole situation.

4. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

I can as well, I do not want to see him turn out like some other players who have had mental issues. I would rather poke fun at him as your starter, and I mean that in a nice way. I never root for anyone to fail at life, football is a sport and we all hold that as fans together in fun.

Good luck to Vince, and I look forward to watching Bob Sanders or Freeney ear holing him again soon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Vince doesn't need luck. He needs help. Collins could use some luck.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Collins came in for an injured Young facing a 3rd and 15...

threw 44 yard pass to Bo Scaife. Completed a pass to Gage to get us into the red zone, where Lendale White pounded his way into the endzone.

I don't call that luck.

Oh, and then there was the whole Superbowl thing a few years back.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

did I call that luck?
    I'm just saying he could use some... any starting qb could. Vince is not a starter. He needs bed rest, therapy and anti anxiety meds.

In case you haven't noticed I've slammed Young in one form or another in some fifty odd posts today alone. I'm pissed. Collins has my full support. I was among those calling for Collins to come in and replace Young Sunday. Judge me all you want for that if it suits you but I'm actually happy that Vince is out for Sunday.

I want to see Collins. Even if Young was not injured Collins brings the team a better chance of winning. Collins has my full support at this juncture. Just yesterday I was making a case for Collins. I shall attempt to search the post.

edit:
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=408375&postcount=30
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=408382&postcount=33

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I bet the Justins paid off Daryll Smith to take out VY.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'd put $5 on it. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar