Fisher Says Young's Injury Not Serious

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said that the injury to QB Vince Young Saturday night was not serious. "Vince will be fine," Fisher said. "I expect him to be able to practice tomorrow afternoon. A little sore, but just a mild ankle sprain. It really settled down on the sideline. As I mentioned last night, we had intended on that being his last drive and we were going to put Cody [Hodges] in at the point. So, he was not removed from the game because of the ankle injury." Fisher went on to say a number of players will return this week from their injuries. "Bo Scaife should be back, Gregg Guenther should be back, Brandon Jones is up for another good week," said Fisher. "We should be healing up and be able to have more players on the field next week."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Whew!! :toast:

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

This may actually be a blessing in disquise, maybe he won't try to run as much now. I understand his running makes big plays but I still don't want to see the guy get hurt.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He wasn't running when he got hurt, he made an ill-advised over the shoulder pass at the time.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He was just working on a new throwing motion.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Back to the drawing board.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He was walking around fine after the game. Not a limp in sight.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

None of us do.

Including Jeff Fisher and Floyd Reese.

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I guess the good thing though is that he avoids big hits very well. In all of his college career I can't think of a time where he got popped real good. Or should I say Bomarized?
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aINl-YqljJU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aINl-YqljJU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

He was definitely on the move outside of the pocket, even if he hadn't passed the line of scrimmage and was still contemplating throwing it.

But he'd left his blockers, he'd probably held the ball longer than Chow/Fisher would want him to before just throwing it away and living for another play, and he didn't seem to sense the guy that was bearing down on him from behind.

It's going to be tough finding the balance with him in terms of how long is too long to hold the ball trying to make a play, because he's one of those guys who can improvise.

But if they don't find the balance, there are going to be a lot of those hold-your-breath moments, waiting for him to pick himself up off the turf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar