Fisher Says Young's Injury Not Serious

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, the scouts said that no matter how hard coaches tried they'd never be able to get him to change his throwing motion. :winker:

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Well yeah, he was running for his life, looking for someone to throw it to, and then just threw it up for grabs.

One thing that I noticed more than once, he didn't seem to drop back far enough and pass. Lucky a D lineman didn't bat it down or intercept.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Yeah, that play was nothing but instinct on his part.

As he gets more comfortable in the offence I'm sure he'll stay in the pocket a little longer and look for second and/or third reads.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Looked like a rookie played like a rookie but showed he has picked things up pretty well and showed flashes of great things he can do. He needs more time and isn't ready for the NFL yet but we all knew that. I think we will see improvement each week and he will be a great QB in a year or 2.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that could be because he's still learning to count to 5 :closemout

seriously, one thing I repeatedly noticed is that he was threading into tight and sometimes double coverage

i guess it's that Chow system ... get it out quick

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Let's hope it's the former instead of the latter. :winker:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think he's ready now. Vince Young surveyed the field, showed some pocket presence, and then took off. In a couple quarters he actually would have connected on one big play downfield too. Which is more than the Titans got with McNair. You can't ask for much more. I thought he played like a starter. I don't think he came out of the pocket early. He was calm in there. He made some reads and then took off. He had some nice crisp throws mixed in with some errant throws. No major mistakes. One boner, but tell that to Brett Favre and John Elway who made boners all through their careers. It's gonna happen. I thought he looked like a starter out there. I mean look at the running. He averaged more yards this weekend than he got in college. He's gonna be ok out there. He averaged 10 or so carries a game in college. He can take a hit. NFL players may be bigger, faster, and all that, who can deny that, but tackling is not that different from college to the pro if you can dodge like Young seems to be able to do. Better to be tackled down field than sitting in pocket waiting for some second rate wr's to get open. Looked real good to me. I liked what I saw.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He made two horrendous decisions in the few drives that he was on the field for. He's not ready yet.

9. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

I guess you didn't watch any preseason football at all this weekend. Almost every QB that played more than one series made bad decisions. That doesn't mean he's not ready. This whole "He's not ready" theory is a bunch of crap. Eli, Peyton, Carr, Harrington, Smith, Bledsoe, Leftwich, Plummer, Weinke all started their rookie season. Plummer and Weinke weren't even first rounders. So don't give me that he's not ready crap. Vince could step in and play the position right now. Yes he'll make mistakes but that's what rookies do. He'll also be learning on the job. You guys can cry that "give him a year to learn" crap if you want. But the fact is he's gonna make those mistakes in his first season. Everybody knows practice is not the same as in game experience. One year on the bench is not gonna remove all of his mistakes due to inexperience. They'll just happen one year later.

10. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

What riding the pine and playing 2nd team offense does is put you out on the field vs the first team defense. That will in fact help him learn about the position plus learning behind BV will be benificial. Sure he could step in and make tons of mistakes, and yes he will make mistakes after he starts (this year or next doesn't matter). Everyone makes "inexperienced" mistakes for a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar