Fisher seemed giddy with Collins at QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Not many that I know of but what's your point? Assuming VY is the starter next year, what if he went down during the season, and KC won us a couple games that were needed wins to get us in the playoffs that another QB would not be capable of winning?

You should always try to have a good backup if you can find one and can afford it. Why wouldn't you want one?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I cannot for the life of me see any sense in defending NOT having a capable backup..

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If Collins would re-sign for good money (4-5 mil. a year tops), then you have to do it. He's a top-tier backup. In many ways, he's the perfect backup. The fans will never call for him to start (for some reason people still seem to hate him) and he is a change of pace for games where Vince's strengths aren't working.

I have a gut feeling that he will want either too much money or he will want to retire. But like I said, I would re-sign him for sure if I knew he was committed to being a backup and wasn't too expensive.

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

100% chance of Collins retiring after this season.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Indeed.

Our poor start was more down to special teams and Defense than the QB play.

I like KFC. in his time here he's had a great attitude and been an excellent role model/mentor for VY.

Along with Neil O'Donnell he's the best backup we've had.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Funny how quickly everyone who wrote things in all caps about how much Collins was making for doing nothing this year just quieted down. Monday night was exactly why Bud, who's not a generous guy with the money, let the team spend a little more than market value for a solid backup QB. I'd be fine keeping him around as a backup for another year or two. He's good in that role. By the way, this is two times in a row that Kerry has come into a game against the Jags on 3rd and long and thrown a great pass to get the 1st and keep the team moving. That first pass in both games was huge. To be clear, I don't want the guy starting, but he's a solid backup.

I don't know what Fisher looked like, but I sure looked giddy watching us whoop up on the Jags. I do think that Fisher has a wicked streak when it comes to the Jags. I think he's always liked having them under his thumb. We've had some bad games against the Jags in the last 3-4 years. A sweep would be nice this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Point taken. Although when Kerry Collins signed his last deal it was under the assumption that he would be the starter. He was getting paid decent starter money to be a starter. He wasn't signed to that large of a contract to be the backup. He only became the backup after the dreadful 0-6 start (which certainly wasn't all on his shoulders).

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm all for having a "capable" backup...but paying starter money for a backup quarterback is ridiculous...

Collins isn't the mesiah thats going to lead us to the Superbowl when/If Vince goes down, so why would we care enough to bring him back?

My point with the superbowl teams is, if they're winning it all without a great backup, its obviously not that big of a priority..

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

What about that 2nd drive? VY hit Scaife in the feet with an incompletion then fumbled the snap to get us in a 3rd and 12. Is that not the opposite direction of the first drive?

Saying almost anyone would look good out there was your way of taking any credit away from Collins. Jax D was one of two teams to keep Orton under 300 yards in a win over a Denver team we lost to.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Good lord your such a vince hater...you talk about taking away from collins win over a mediocre team, when almost every post you make is taking away from Vince Young. Size your teams starting quarterback up for once, jeez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar