Fisher seemed giddy with Collins at QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, if we are talking next season...

If signing Collins means we will spend less money on other positions, THEN I would rather go with Rusty.

Lot's of ifs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll ask again, how exactly does Collins salary affect the fans? Your point is moot.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You might want to ask the late 80's 49ers, 1990 Giants, and 2001 Patriots about the importance of a good backup.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

With a cap signing anyone for any price means less money for other positions. That said, Collins is never going to command VY money and I just don't see the fan bickering over negligible dollars at the most important position. If Rusty has game then make it him instead - just keep in mind VY has never played 16 games in a season.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

It more than likely means less money to spend on other positions that I think will actually make a difference.

Before Brady was noticed he was the equivilant of Rusty Smith in terms of popularity...So let Collins walk and keep Rusty.

6. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I like KC he is a very dependable back up I would resign him next year I would not count on Rusty.Kc is not going to come in and blow you away but he is calm and steady. He can give you 2-3 games a year that's all you ask of the back up.

7. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

That wasn't Fisher, it was dbc.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hell while you're at it cut CJ and and bring in whoever - they'll probably be the next Emmitt Smith..

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

What? The dude used the 01 Pats in his argument that a Backup is important. But my point is, the Patriots didn't go out and spend money to make sure they had a "capable" backup that season. They drafted a 6th round no risk QB that no one thought could make it in the NFL.

Why not just draft a capable backup instead of spending starter money on Collins, whos overrated as a backup as it is?

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Hmm... The Pats backup in 2001, during their Superbowl run, was none other than Drew Bledsoe, who just so happened to be the highest paid QB at the time.
    Bledsoe lost his starting job after getting hurt in the second game of the season. He did, however, prove to be a valuable backup in the AFC championship game later in the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar