Fisher: The all time great hustler?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Subjugation, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

OK im sitting here looking at a few things:

Team record year by year:
    1995- 7-9
    1996- 8-8
    1997- 8-8
    1998- 8-8
    1999- 13-3
    2000- 13-3
    2001- 7-9
    2002- 11-5
    2003- 12-4
    2004- 5-11
    2005- 4-12
    2006- 8-8
    2007- 10-6
    2008- 13-3
    2009- 0-6

by my count, thats 6 winning seasons out of 15 full NFL seasons.

his playoff record is 5-6. if you take out the SB season its 2-5, either way its not a good record.

my question is how in the heck is this guy so revered? I want him gone.

if his numbers arent pedestrian, I dont know what is.

so what if they guy is well respected. A lot of people are "stand up guys" or "honorable men".

I have nothing against coach fisher as a human. He seems to be a stand up individual and a good person.

At the end of the day though, I want a winner in charge of my favorite football team. while his "overall record" is winning, its not far from .500 and year by year, 6 winning seasons out of 15 is sad and not the mark of greatness.

This guy drafted Mcnair and george. congratulations. since then he has drafted dud after dud.

Im so sick of hearing adams wanting this guy, fisher wanted that guy, chow wanted whomever. enough.

this organization seems to be run by a bunch of HS girls. everyhting is so dramatic. Its called football. every week we go out, even when we were winning last year, it was the same plays, the same gameplan, everything vanilla.

its time for a change. I want to be the tough titans again. I want our home turf to be impenetrable once again and the complete dismantling of this coaching staff and roster is needed.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You said it at least up until the dismantling of the roster. Were one position away from being a contender, and its no secret that QB spot is hurting us.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

>>my question is how in the heck is this guy so revered?<<

Million dollar question ! I have no idea. He's an average HC at best...and his record proves that. I think the biggest issue with JF is his inability or/and unwillingness to change. Which leads me to believe that this organization will never get over the hump with him as the HC. Too many people are taking this as some sort of personal attack against him..not true. I think JF is a great guy..but I honestly think its time for a change. Its time for this organization to go in a different direction. Its not as if he's only been givin a couple of years here..and people are ready to kick him out. 16yrs is a LONG time in the NFL..a much longer time then 99% of HC's in the league get and in that span he's been avg with only 1 SB appearance. He's had more then enough opportunities here. Its just time...

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive found that Titan fans who live in and around Nashville are more flexible with Fisher, and will allow this mediocrity to go on. I live where I see everything from the outside looking in and I'm fed up with Fisher and the crap he pulls. I use to live in Tennessee and I know the culture and types of people down there, and no one is happy now. But us Titan fans not near the team have no more patience. He put this team in a great place early, but now isn't the same day in age so lets change our coach.

Got to go, Obamas in town.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wonder too. ESPN just blindly says "he's a great coach" all the time to where people just take it as true, I suppose.

In every KEY loss this team has ever had- it can be linked DIRECTLY to coaching. That's no coincidence. Many times when he abandoned HIS gameplan, we started playing better.

6. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

The way I see it he has only had 4 losing seasons out of 15. Possibly 5 depending on this season. People viewed Bill Cowher in the same light, he had a lot of up and down years. The owner remained patient and he rewarded them with a championship. Considering the parity in the NFL I'm proud to have a coach that has had 4 losing seasons in 15 years.

Slow and steady wins the race. Some flashy 33 yr old head coach and a gimmicky offense won't get us a SB next year. I'll take Fishers experience any day. He will calm the storm and bring us on the right track. Once the shock of this season wore off I came to my senses I put this season under freak accident and I will continue to have faith in this coaching staff.

Patient got the steelers a SB. The polar opposite example would be Dan Snyder of the skins.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe you shouldn't measure success by limited failure... but winnings.

Fisher never has and never will win ANYTHING. The guy cant even get us a wildcard playoff win these days.

8. amy

amy Starter

9. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

Please understand the principles of statistics before you post. Thanks.

10. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Wow, I'm sorry you don't agree with my optimistic opinion but is the snide, belittling comment necessary?

8-8 is not a winning or losing season, I see it as not losing. I think you missed my point completly. The NFL is crazy and unpredictable year to year and there are not many coaches who could do better for 15 years in a row in such an insane league of parity.

You don't have to agree but point your frustrations elsewhere sir.

PS I love you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar