Fisher Thinks Boldin Will Remain a Cardinal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rumors swirled yesterday which had the Titans a front runner in a trade for Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin. But both teams denied a deal was close as the 2009 NFL Draft approaches later today. "My gut feeling, again, is that he's going to remain a Cardinal," Fisher said. "It makes sense and we owe it to our franchise and to our players and to our fans to try and do everything we possibly can to help upgrade the roster. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. We're having discussions with Arizona along with a lot of other teams. We're just going to see where it goes. But it's not unusual at this time of year to do those types of things. I would think most teams in the league would be interested in somebody like that." The biggest concern for the Titans remains the money. Any team that acquired Boldin also would have to sign him to a new contract worth as much as $10 million per year. Buffalo's Roscoe Parrish, Cleveland's Braylon Edwards and Cincinnati's Chad Ochocinco are also believed to be on the market.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Really, with a lot of other teams? What does that mean? So maybe TEN is talking to the browns, and bengals?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That or he meant a lot of teams are talking with Arizona. It is hard to tell. But either way, it's Fisher talk for we are not really trying to do anything. He's said this many times before and it always ends in us not getting anyone that we are in dire need of having. This is usually his way to lying to the fans in my opinion to pacify them, when in all honesty the Titans aren't trying to appease the fans at all. They are just spitting in the face of collective wisdom telling the Titans what to do. They did it last year. They are doing it again. That's my interpretation. The Titans are cheap. I fully expect that later today he will say, "Don't worry, we have a plan." And yet, there is never a plan revealed to fix the perceived problem." And I'm fine with that, but don't lie to me. Tell me you have no intention of getting a WR and that is that. I can respect that a little more, although I'd still be upset.

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

everything is a smokescreen with the draft less then two hours away...

5. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Fisher could be an awesome politician.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

His agent said today he thinks boldin will be on another team by tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar