Fisher tired of Fisherball?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

(Fisher on whether this team will still be focused on running the ball and playing hard-nosed defense)
    It’s not going to be a drastic overhaul, although we had some productive years with Mike here – 2003 and Steve’s Co-MVP year with 30 touchdown passes. We ran the football well. It’s balance, it’s running the football well, it’s attacking, it’s going downfield. It’s not protecting a lead or sitting on things, it’s going out and trying to win ballgames.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=5557

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hear it, I just don't believe it. Just a few weeks ago he said "our plan was to keep it close til the 4th and then see what happens". Hopefully that changed. Might've finally seen the light.

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Aggressive Offense...imagine that...

I like what Dinger stated about finding player strengths (i.e. Mason turned out to be pretty good out of the slot). A reevaluation of our receiving corp may prove to be just what the doctor ordered.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Welcome back Dinger! Great to see yeah. Where'd you go? Please don't leave again. :notworth:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bring back the Run n Shoot.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I thought that aswell when he said go in a differant direction.

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Maybe just maybe, He's seen the light and realized that Fisherball is sooo last decade.
    It's more likely that Bud Adams stepped in and chewed his *** and told him to get vince and the offense going. Like he did in 2003 when steve suddenly lit it up.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not much has changed. It's vince young that has to change. If he is throwing an int for ever 22 passes like this year they won't want to open up anything..

In three years(2000-2002-2003) of dinger's reign as OC in which we were in normal mode and not throwing the ball all the time to make up for bad defense and injuries we are roughly 50/50 passing and running. We ran a little more than we threw in 2000 but threw a little more than we ran in 03.

A 50/50 mix is what we want to have with our defense. We are not going to throw the ball all over the place with lendale white and that defense. The attempt is to have balance.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Mario Manningham would be a nice start...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar