Fisher tired of Fisherball?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He may not worry that much about money, but I can guarantee you he isn't going to give Jeff Fisher $18M to sit home on Sundays when he could leave it to his grandkids...

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

[​IMG]

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

10-6?

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Someone explain to me how the Giants managed to make the Superbowl, since their offensive strategy is almost a carbon copy of ours?

Playing conservative offense and defending against the big play are not the reason we aren't in the Superbowl, but they sure as hell are the reason we made the playoffs.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Burress,Toomer,Jacobs,Bradshaw,Smith.

Without mentioning the QB there's 4 more play makers than we have there. Our best WR Gage only compares favorably to Smith who's their 3rd string.

They also have coaches who realize that the field is more than 80 yards long.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This is football logic of 10 years ago. It's worthless now. This isn't the time where you build up for a solid 3 year run. No, now you build through the draft and if you can draft well you can stay on top as long as you want. You don't build up for your short chance. lol
    Do you see the colts splurging for that one last run? No, because they think they can do it for years to come.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

without Taglieabueu changing the rules to accomodate the ponies they would still be waiting

:coltssuk:
    Gayton-Pman Sucks
    Poulan sucks
    Dolt fans suck pi
    and pittsburgH SUCKS! too
    and also the Murdermore Ratbirds

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Three letters.. NFC
    I could only imagine how far The Titans could have gone in that conference this year - division winner? Home field throughout? :irked: ..

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Show me where I mention building for a short run or splurging in any way.
    Quit trying to put your words into my mouth.

Odom,Albert,LaBoy,Bell Amano. All quailty that came from the draft & who have matured just at the time their contracts are up. We will be keeping some at a greater expense just to maintain the same level of play.

KVB,Bulluck,Hope,Thornton will be candidates for replacement within 3 years from now.

The draft is the key to maintaining success but a modestly successful roster can become expensive to maintain without having had any play off success.If that happens the draft can be continually filling holes without ever buildoing depth.

There are no guaranteed formulas for success but the Pats,Colts,Bolts have shown that a top GM is as crucial as the HC.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's personnel, not strategy. And we all expect the personnel to be upgraded this off-season.

I still contend that their strategy is similar to ours. They run high percentage offensive plays in the red zone, but they execute much better than we did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar