Fisher tired of Fisherball?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Well we couldn't beat Tampa Bay and they were bundled out in the first week of the play-offs. We'll obviously never know, but I would be surprised if we had of gone any further than Wild Card weekend in the NFC either.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I didn't realize you meant the play calling.

It pains me to see that it's Gilbride who's running their offense so well.

Jacobs is very Eddie George like & certainly tougher to stop than White.Not that I'm complaining about White in any way.

We've had way too many crucial drops & interceptions because our receivers whiffed on plays. Some of Youngs INT 's were his receivers fault. I'm strugglng to remember a specific red zone play like that.Might have been the first time we played the Bolts.

I really do lay the blame on our red zone deficiency on Chow.Even when he opened things up against Houston & The Bucs with Collins at QB,we still stalled in the red zone.

3. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Let's say you're an NFL DB and you're playing against a guy whose OC doesn't trust him to throw downfield or over the middle. You're going to get some picks no matter who the QB is because you'll know exactly where the ball is coming and you won't even have to cover much of the field.

And you want to not open anything up?

Hmmm....

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

When you have a passer who can pass, and a receiver who can receive, the play-calls work much better. That's excluding the fact that Jacobs > Bradshaw > Brown > Lendale

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm not arguing, I simply state truths. My posting record will show that I have a crystal ball. Bud is a rich old man. He's still bitter that the AFC championship trophy is called the "Lamar Hunt", when both men were in it together from the start.

This is Fisher's last chance because Bud is losing patience. Besides, Fisher would go work for another team and Bud would only have to make up the difference in money.

Bottom line, the offense didn't score points. Fisher sacrificed Chow to save his own a**. If the problem follows is into '08, look for Fisher to be on the stroll.

6. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Bud Adams...

I always wondered how he could tolerate Bum Phillips when Bum was going 5-9 but then thought he could do better than Bum when Bum was going 11-5.

7. You mean like your posts saying how good Lamont Thompson was?

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

ding ding ding LOL

9. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

OOF!

[​IMG]

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar