Fisher to "Get Back to Basics" Early in Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Beginning July 28, the Titans will hold the first 17 days of training camp at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville. This is a change for the Titans who, since 1999, have held all of training camp at Baptist Sports Park. "I just felt with the youth of the team it would be advantageous to get away," said Fisher. "Not go into the throwback mode, but to get away and tie them down for a couple of weeks." Fisher says he'll use the early part of training camp to get back to the basics. "I kid around with the players and tell them to go put on the movie 'The Junction Boys' and see what it was like. We're going to get back to basics," said Fisher. "We're not going to practice every day in pads, twice a day. But we're going to get back to basics. We're going to be a tired football team when we come back. Then we'll rest up throughout the preseason."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I hope Fisher is refering to TACKELING ! , we did a poor job of this last season .

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

sorry for the spelling error , i changed it for ya , even though i didnt spell it right i just figured you would know what i meant. i will try to do better next time teacher. :))

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol i wasnt pointing out the spelling error, i was being sarcastic. :ha:

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

with this move by the FO and coaching staff, i think it'll do wonders for this team for some reason....

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Believe it when I see it.

bench/cut first person to try an arm tackle - even if successful. Hopefully it will be Sirmon

8. they need to teach pacman to not dive at someones feet with his arms down by his side

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Blocking and tackling win football games and the toughness of a team comes from that. When we were winning we were an aggressive physical football team and I hope this gets us back to that. If this is half of what Grand Junction was teams will dread playing the Titans again. This is probably the best coaching decision in the last 2 or 3 years.

10. H Man

H Man Guest

Power run game from us (that actually functions)...stop their run. Why does that formula sound familiar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar