Fisher to Possibly Gain Power with Reese Departure

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though Titans COO Steve Underwood stated that the new General Manager would retain the same duties as former GM Floyd Reese, it is very possible Coach Jeff Fisher may gain more power and influence in personnel decisions. Underwood says the Titans will search both in-house and around the league to find a suitable replacement for Reese. It is a pretty safe bet to assume that the new hire will be someone who is on the same wavelength as Fisher. Among those candidates who may be considered are Cleveland’s Phil Savage, former Bills and Steelers executive Tom Donohoe, former Jets GM Terry Bradway and Mike Reinfeldt, Rich Snead, who is acting as the interim GM, and scout Blake Beddingfield, who has handled the team’s draft boards and some administrative and personnel work.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lord, I hope not. If Fisher has one major downfall it's his inability to part ways with players he 'likes' or is buddies with. Just imagine when he drafts guys. He'll have 2nd day draft picks starting no matter how they pan out.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I wouldn't read too much into this. There isn't much for local writers to write about and this is something to sell papers. It could be Fisher has a bit more of a say in personnel, but I would expect things to be just like it was when Reese was here.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Supposedly Fisher gains final say on the 53 man roster. I am sure that whomever comes in will work closer with Fisher, being the new guy in town. He will probably cave in more than Reese in draft picks and FA's. Fisher has been known to keep his buddies around too long though, so it is going to be interesting to see what happens if he has final say in the roster.

5. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

all ik is that is saw the name Tom Donohoe and instantly got sick. i saw and heard a lot of went on in buffalo since i lived a hour and a half away from there. he just made bad decesions and went about things the wrong way all the time. noone liked im as gm there. lets hope we dont get stuck with him.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

How about Phil Savage, the man did draft that Baltimore defense and the good part of the offense.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Nice MF Doom avatar, by the way, Snookus.

8. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Retarded in real life, on the mic rainman.

Thanks.:ha:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe we will start drafting players to fit our schemes
    instead of continuing to position guys into them when they don't

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Please get savage, he drafts players that fit schemes and is well known for good drafts and is a proven GM. look at the ravens D he drafted and guys like Kamerion Wimbley 11 sacks Dqwell(not sure of the spelling) Jackson a good LB with over 100 tackels and will take a chance on smart guys with potential in the later rounds like Justin Hamilton who they said had a good year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar