Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

C'mon, folks. It's a piece of cloth worn (as a joke) to honor a guest at a benefit speaking engagement.

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Eh, I think this is a little different. Lebron plays for the Cavs not the Indians. Plus Fish is the Titans coach. After this team's pathetic showing this season and especially considering how many fans have turned against Fisher recently, wearing a jersey of our biggest rival should be out of the question.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

What? No. This is like Joe Torre wearing a Red Sox uniform when the Yankees struggled. This is nothing like what you said, at all.

It's like Steve Spurrier wearing a UT jersey when he was at Florida..or Mike Krzyzewski wearing a UNC uniform..are you kidding me bigtitan? ........:suspect:

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. Really there's no harm in it, I just think it was a bonehead move by him considering how thin of ice he's skating on with the fans right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Joke or not it was bad timing and in bad taste. This season may be a joke to Fisher, but to others it's ..well ok it's a joke, but not a laugh out loud joke. It's a "you suck too much to care anymore" type of joke.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Well, I just take it for what it is, i.e. a joke. I do, however, hope the players take this as personally as some of you. You never know, maybe they will start to give a damn.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You are right. There is no harm. All he did was sign stamp and approve his one way flight outta nashville.

I don't care if hes trying to be cute or funny... You can be as cute and funny as you wanna be if your ball team is 6-0. Being cute and funny after your team just got blown out 3 games in a row.. 0-6 and you put on the jersey of your archrival quarterbacks. It's a slap in the face of everyone who's ever given a damn about this team.

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

This just isn't right.

I respect Dungy and I know Fisher was supporting him and his organization, but something about the Titans being the embarrasment of the NFL world right now and wearing a Peyton jersey just doesn't look right to me at all. The timing stinks IMO. Way to go Fisher, more national media attention heading your way.

9. TM

TM Starter

Just what the players and organization needs right now, more people laughing at them.

Thanks Jeff.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I wonder how long Wade Phillips would be the Cowboys coach if he showed up at a public event near Dallas wearing an Eli jersey "cuz he wanted to feel like a winner".

I'm thinking not long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar