Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

One player said he didn't like it. One functioning retard to add to the pile.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You didn't need to provide anymore proof of your douchbaggyness, but thanks...:ha:

Why are you spending so much time here, WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES? If our reaction is bothering you so much you might need to re-evaluate what's really important in life. :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Go put on an Offensive T-Shirt and go tell the people you are offending... "Oh its just a piece of cloth, it means little to nothing."

Go tell a racist joke to a bunch of racists. I bet they'll all laugh. Go tell the same joke to people who aren't racists, or are members of the race you are offending. I bet they'll find it just as funny as the racists. Right?

I wonder how our press would react if our President put on a *I love China* T-Shirt and say... "I just wanted to feel like a strong economy"

It's just words and pieces of cloth. I don't know why people whine about silly words and cloth.

4. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Kearse was asked his reaction to Fisher’s line about wanting “to feel like a winner,” and was surprised by that part.

“I didn’t catch that part, but I know this week since it’s our bye week, we can’t lose this week,” he said.

+1 = 2

Running back LenDale White declined comment on the Fisher jersey matter, but did say he would never don a rival jersey of his alma mater, Southern California.

“I hate UCLA. We hate UCLA and we hate Notre Dame. You will never, I don’t care if Joe Montana paid me, I’m not putting that Notre Dame jersey on,” White said.

+1 = 3

Not like they're going to each member of the Titans to make a poll, these are the ones they're talking to and getting statements from. KVB said he doesn't care, Mawae doesn't care, but no one seems to think it was a good idea or funny that I saw.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Do you mind providing a link to there you got that? The Tennessean article provides the Bulluck quote (which doesnt come off as anything harsh to me, but who knows), but also provides several other quotes of players saying it was funny and that the media is making too much of it.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...imself+to+team+about+wearing+Manning+jersey++

6. Jaguarsforsale

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

None of what you just listed is even remotely similar to this "incident." You don't get it. You will never get it.

It was just a jersey. It was a just a football jersey. It was just a simple piece of clothing related to a mere game. It was only a joke. It's only entertainment. It shouldn't be taken so seriously. It's only a game.

7. Jaguarsforsale

Yikes...you really are reading far too much into those comments and assuming far too much.

The backlash continues to consist of only a handful of people. The rest of us have our priorities in check.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

NO offense, but if you cant see the difference between a racist t-shirt, money, and a Colts jersey, then you either need a greater perspective on life, or are simply taking this way to seriously.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

One player said it was funny (reread the article) and that was Ahmard Hall.

Bulluck was asked if he would ever wear a Manning jersey.

“I feel like a winner anytime I put a No. 53 jersey on, so no, not at all,” the veteran linebacker said.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/fisher-downplays-manning-jersey-ordeal

10. Jaguarsforsale

Bingo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar