Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?

Are you offended by Fisher wearing a Manning jersey?

Yes. And he should be fired for doing it. 26 vote(s) 22.2%
Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it. 41 vote(s) 35.0%
No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event. 50 vote(s) 42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Yossarian I am Him.

    George
    Messages:
    4,065
    Moolah:
    $38
    Except I don't have a fan base to answer like Fisher does, nor do I have such a public forum to display my stupidity.
  2. leon2245 Camp Fodder

    Messages:
    5
    Moolah:
    $0
    mutiny is unity

    coaches have used worse motivational tactics in less dire situations before(dropping trou, dressing like a flight attendant etc.), just nothing so public or offensive to their fanbase.

    but this was absolutely insult by design, if you accept the premise that they've quit on him. Insulting the fans was just collateral damage. No one wants their fanbase to hate them anymore than they already will anyway- he only wanted to anger the players, & that's why he couldn't just wear a dungy jersey instead of peyton's. It had to be a counterpart to one of his players to send the message (preferrably one one his side that would play along). It's also why this wouldn't have been done at all if they were anything but winless.

    So yes the act was offensive, the non-apology apology was weak, jokes & charities are not sanctuary for treason, & granted if any player (much less V.Y.) pulled a stunt like that it would have been the leading story for weeks- but if this somehow sparks enough anger in his players to "i'll show him" & play with some pride next week... it was not a mistake i.m.o.
  3. TBC_titan Camp Fodder

    Messages:
    1,959
    Moolah:
    $0
  4. World Peace n/a

    Messages:
    6,529
    Moolah:
    $3,659
    Let me say what Gunny is gonna say before Gunny says it...

    "That's just one instance, what about the other 99%"

    I should come into my job with a competitors shirt on, say I wanted to feel like a winner, and cover up the whole thing and say it was for "Charity" I'll be shown the door as quickly as I came in... That would be another instance. Except I would never do anything of the sort because I like my job.
  5. Swisher Camp Fodder

    Messages:
    1
    Moolah:
    $0
    Wow...I'm a Texans fans and hate the Titans and Bud Adams but I have always respected Jeff Fisher. Not anymore. I would be embarrassed to have him as my coach right now.
    • Tip Jar Donor

    GoT Strength and Honor

    Bishop
    Messages:
    25,145
    Moolah:
    $21,815
    I am but it is hard too take anyone with the screenname "Swisher" seriously
    • Tip Jar Donor

    Gunny Lord and Master

    Wright
    Messages:
    46,119
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    a hypothetical wouldn't be another instance. it's about as useful as me saying the same thing but I wouldn't get fired.
  6. TBC_titan Camp Fodder

    Messages:
    1,959
    Moolah:
    $0
    Let me say what I'm going to say as I say it..

    "That is one sample instance that represents the other 99%."
    If you find fish in a small (say 1% of an) area of a lake or body of water...chances are that those same type of fish also live in the remaining 99% of the body of water.


    I work for Verizon. Our dress code is business casual. I really don't know how I could come into work in a competitor's shirt w/o them saying something about the dress code itself, not the fact that I would be wearing an AT&T shirt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page