Fisher Will Retain Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

During the week of the Colts/Titans game, our local paper had a feature on Jeff Fisher and the woes of his organization, the fans turning on him, and his possible job loss. It seemed at that point, after getting blasted by the Cowboys and leading a winless team into Indy, that Fisher was on the way out.

I don't think that's the case anymore. The 1-point loss to the Colts was quite possibly the best loss any team has ever had. A winless team vs an undefeated team, a rookie QB starting his first game vs the best quarterback in last 5 years, it was at Indy, ect. ect. ect. So the Titans lost by a point.

Flash forward a week, and the titans get their first win behind that same rookie QB. To me, Fisher has shown that he can take young players and turn nothing into something. At 0-5, many teams would be done for, particularly young teams (no pun intended) without established leadership. After the Haynesworth incident, the Titans appeared dead.

I have never liked Fisher, ever, and I still don't, but it really does look like he has brough the Titans back from the dead.

2. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

The Dallas game was Vince's first start, and all bets are off if we don't beat the Texans.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly. Both home games this year have been bombs - ok only the first 3 quarters of the J-E-T-S game was a bomb.

Fisher needs to beat the cows, and do it conviencingly

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Fisher is on the line, how the rest of the season plays out will determine if he will be back. The last two weeks have been great, he'll stay if we play like that, even if we only win two more games. If we aren't showing progress and aren't fighting in the games, he's still gone. It's still early.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've got to agree 3801. Fisher really hasn't proven anything yet.

yesterday was only a step on a tough road he must hoe.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He's still shown that he's coaching with the enthusiasm and fire that he did in the past.

That was apparent when the outcome of the game was determined yesterday.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree, but he has to keep it up. Come week 17, no one will remember fire in week 6.

8. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

My problem was never with his coaching, it just seemed to me that he didnt have the drive in him to get THIS team back to the top.... im not saying the last two weeks have proved me wrong nor am I saying that Im still right. Maybe I just didnt give him enough time, i dont know.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think Bud has already made his mind up to change the coaching staff.

I want Fisher to stay but IMO we'll need to make every game hard fought no matter who the opposition is for Bud to change his mind.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

as they all should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar