Fisher, Young and... McNabb? in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Given the situation with the CBA, and Bud's boner for VY, I think we all have to face the fact that there's a decent chance that both Fishstache and the brittle, crying QB will return in 2011 to subject us to another season of the voodoo they do (such as it is).

With Donovan McNabb due a sizable bonus this off-season and with the Skins flaming out, it seems likely the Washington will cut ties with the veteran QB after just one season. I'm not a fan of McNabb at all, but I think he'd be a very interesting fit... McNabb's may not be the most accurate passer (along with other failings), but he has some things that VY lacks, real self confidence, composure, maturity. I think VY can benifit from McNabb's presence, Donovan may be rejuvinated by both the competition and Vince's personality. Let the two compete for the starting job... It's a band aid solution for sure, but perhaps that's the best we can hope for in this scenario (then MR can focus the draft on interior oline and D... and perhaps reacquire the fat man) We have some interesting weapons on offence... I can see McNabb putting up some nice numbers surrounded by this cast.

It's certainly not ideal, but it may be the best fit in a bad situation

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Skins just signed McNabb to an extension a couple weeks back. He's not going anywhere.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't think that the lockout will happen.

If it does then yeah not a bad option.

4. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

They did, but it has an out clause at the end of this season. They could cut him loose without owing him anything.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is a tweet from Jay Glazer just a few minutes ago.
    Maybe Donovan getting bounced from D.C. isn't as far fetched as I thought.

I still don't see him ending up here though. McNabb isn't the most consistent of QB's either. Having him and VY on the same team would equal an endless QB controversy IMO. If we end up cutting/trading VY and drafting a QB then I would gladly welcome McNabb if we chose to sit the rookie for a year.

6. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

i think bringing him ether McNabb or hasselbeck in the offseason would be the best idea. both would push VY for the starting job and have plenty of playoff exp which i think VY would benefit from a lot.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Donovan McNabb huh?

No....

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Bring in Tavarius Jackson to back up Young...

Yeah...I must be delirious....:bonk2:

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I could faux with McNabb. The Redskins are in a bad position if they're in fact preparing Grossman to play. How could McNabb do well knowing the front office and coaches don't have his back. That's essentially what we have with Fisher & Co. with Vince Young. If playing behind McNabb got Vick to where he is at, then I hope we're in contact with Washington when the season is over. Perhaps if we're proactive, we can get McNabb & Haynesworth together instead of waiting til they're cut. Seeing what the Titans have done to Moss surely doesn't help us attract free agents. Any new players will have to be obtained thru the draft or trades.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

McNabb would be great to bring in, he's a class QB that Vince could learn a lot from. If Vince had handled his situation anywhere close to the way McNabb did being benched for Rex Grossman then Vince being our QB next year wouldn't even be a debate. He would have the entire fan base behind him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar