Fisherball, Chow, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

No not really Jeff
    I'm not just venting i had an epiphany today
    I'll tell you my evidence for blaming Jeff for all those things

Answer this question YES OR NO only
    Are the Pats 16-0 because they got lucky?

The answer of course is no they are 16-0 because their FO/Coaches know exactly what they are doing.
    Time and time again over the last 5 years we've heard how the Pats starters get hurt and thier backup steps in and steps up and does what it takes to keep the pats on top. Are they just Lucky? NOPE Once again it's an example of an NFL organization that is at the top of thier game. I'm sure your next aurgument will be that as Titan fans we shouldn't expect that kind of first class expertice from our team FO/coaching. But sorry I DO!!!
    As a matter of fact as a fan I absolutely demand it!
    Now that the Pats have proven over years of time that this level of FO/Coaching can be acheived EVERY NFL fan should demand it from their team.

How is Fisher responsible for Brown's fumble? Bironas missing a FG? Young making a poor throw?

I'll tell you how.....THEY PICKED THESE GUYS AND TOLD US THEY WERE THE GUYS!!!

They could have picked the guys the pats got.
    When Moss said he wanted out of Oakland Did Jeff say he wanted Him? NO
    Nobody made a play for him but the PATS. OK you say but randy would bring too many distractions to our team NOT IF WE HAD Billachek Coaching cause he damn well wasn't a distraction in NE was he???
    You think the Pats didn't have any fumbles this year??? WRONG They did
    You think they made all their field goals this year WRONG they missed plenty You think Brady never made a poor throw? Wrong He Had plenty.
    but they over came that crap WHY Because they are Better players or better coached either way it's because of thier FO/Coaches
    Because they picked those guys and passed on the ones we picked!!!

2. DJB

DJB Starter

Why does Fisher need an "excuse" for winning 10 games with a team who most predicted wouldn't win 7?

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Oh, you crack me up Gloat.

We were so predictable yesterday. On 24 first downs we called 12 running plays and 12 passing plays. We didn't have a single series that went rush, rush, pass, punt.

Every man and his dog knew we were going to come out on first down and shift the entire O-line to the left of the field.

Blind Freddy knew that we were going to call the reverse to Chris Davis that netted 11-yards and a first down.

If it wasn't for our crappy coaching staff we would have held LT to 1.9 yards per carry not given up 2 yards per carry. If it wasn't for our crappy coaching, Ben Troupe would be going to the Pro Bowl along with Eric Moulds and Chris Davis.

Could you imagine the reaction on this site if Lendale had 21 carries for 42 yards like LT did yesterday?? Fisher would have been blasted to buggery for continuing to give him the ball.

San Diego's defense led the league in turnovers this year and we were going against them without our starting TE, starting WR, starting C and starting LG, and with an injured QB who was starting his first playoff game and threw twice as many interceptions as TDs this year. What did you want us to do? We played a heck of a game and got beaten by a better team. That will happen sometimes. It's been happening to Detroit for about 18 years.

4. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Dude i'm talking strictly offense here not defense
    I have absolutely no problems with "Fisherball" on Defense
    That's why I'm NOT calling for Fisher to be fired.
    Merely releived of ALL offensive duties. I'm calling for Bud to step in and make it so fisher has absolutely no say whatsoever about anything offense!

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That means everyone NOT named the Patriots should fire their front office and coach staffs?

Thanks for straightening me out. :yes:

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Carpy, we started the game yesterday with a trick play too. So take your 1 game out of 17 and shove it bud.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

Sounds like maybe you should become a Patriots fan. They seem to have everything you want in a team:))

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I'm not calling for that and you know it
    but there's without a doubt room for improvement.

Our coaches and FO are no where close to that level. But as Fans we should DEMAND they keep improving and try to get there. But Our FO/Coaching isn't improving. It's stagnant. WHY accept the status quo Jeff? Demand Better. Demanding it is the only way you'll get it!

Let's use Jeff for his strengths and find someone else who can fill his weaknesses

And if you think Offense is one of his strengths this conversation is over!
    We wouldn't even be on the same playing feild.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Then you are missing the point of Fisher Ball. If you KNOW that your defense can hold them to 15-20 points, then the key on offense is just to get enough to win the game. The last thing you can afford is a pick-6 or turnovers that give cheap field position to your opponent because then your offense has to chase 25 or 30 points.

If we had Mike Martz calling plays for us yesterday with that personnel, the Chargers would have tired our defense out by half time and scored 14 points against our defense. The 2nd half would have been just plain ugly.

Our offense controlled the clock, allowed our defense to play fresh and made San Diego sustain long drives (which for the most part they coudln't do - particularly in the first half).

We had the right game plan, but we were a couple of playmakers and a couple of plays away from pulling off a win.

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

That's funny but it's a cheap shot.

I'm a fan of the Team not the player or the coach

ANd yes they have want i want
    A SUPERBOWL RING!

You guys are just FISHER HOMERS. and you'll defend him to the death.....

of our team if need be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar