Fisherball, Chow, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Mike Martz, Cam Cameron, Rex Ryan, Ron Rivera......

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

What there playing IMO is different than Fisher ball
    but for the sake of arguement I'll give you them because it's definately close to Fisherball

2 teams out of 32 still beleive in it

And only 1 of them is successful with it

Squeaking into the playoffs because the colts laid down isn't what i'd call successful and just Look at the teams we did beat this year.

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Playing Chris Brown, at all.

Not being more aggressive at the end of halftime. We stopped the clock with 15 seconds. The next play is a RUN UP THE MIDDLE, by LW for 3 yards. Time Out with 3 seconds left. Field Goal. Why not a pass to the sidelines? One throw to the endzone? A VY roll out option run if the pass isn't there- we'd still have the TO.

I'm not sure at 8:45 left in the game, I would go pass pass pass either.

Also, with the complaints that Troupe (who did well catching I thought) missed blocks, why was Troupe in the game on plays where he would be blocking, knowing that this has been a problem of his?

Really, I don't want Fisher fired. I want Schwartz replaced and I don't get the feeling Chow likes it here or is happy just being an OC, so a new OC as well. And Fisher needs to modernize, or at least be more flexible in his plays and philosophy.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

:truedat:

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We also need a Jones-Drew or Fred Taylor style running back. Pounding the ball is fine but at some point you have to have someone who can hit the hole and take it down the field. Michael Turner would have been nice.

8. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

Difference is, a player like Moss and others will line up to get a chance to play with Brady. Why? They know they're going to get a better chance of seeing a SB ring, tons of catches, great $$$ and they're in a great market.

For the same money or better, do you think they'd join the Titans? Not with this style of offense and it requires an overhaul.

The commitment starts with ownership!

9. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

You guys keep stating "Fisherball" - Is that what I would call a "ball control offense?"

If so, A BCO works and wins SB especially when coupled with a great D. See NY Giant wins in SB XXII and XXV, Bill Parcells was a big proponent and Belichik ran the D. It wasn't the prettiest in the world, but it worked. It does require execution and we need the put together the right parts.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar