Fisherball, Chow, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I think it's mostly Fisher and a lack of playmakers. Chow is partly to blame also but we have had the same lackluster, just good enough to get you to the playoffs offense sense Fisher took over. His style is just good enough to get you into the playoffs but not to win a Superbowl with. Fisher's a nice guy and the media loves him, but as far as winning a Superbowl I don't see it happening with him as HC.

2. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Well, now that Reese is gone I can be reasonably sure at least as far as our drafting goes Fsiher is the end of the line on that unless Bud is telling him who to pick in the 7th round? That is where this team has failed all us loyal fans - for me it has been 30 years going back to the Oilers!. I for one feel life is too short to continue this way time to make a move geez I might even think to give the Head job to god forbid Chow or Schwarz. But all joking aside somethinghas to be done. It is true we don't have the talent in the light blue and white uniforms to compete in the Nfl and especially the more competetive AFC/AFC South. We have Young, Aging Bullock/Thorton, Haynesworth and Vandenbosch. Now, after those players we are very average for the most part we have some decent young talent but no where near a above average team level roster. When you start to llok at team like the Colts/Jags who have remained at the top for a long time and the Pats staying on top with smart drafting FA signings it is obvious we are lacking some IQ in the Coaching area.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think that's what most are trying to do
    I really do like Jeff Fisher
    he'd be a great ambassador
    he always seems to have the right perspective on topics
    he's put up with alot of adversity
    for the most part, he's kept this franchise competitive
    he does seem to get higher production from some players than he should

HOWEVER,
    wins lately are coming by chance rather than by design
    the offensive and defensive direction is flawed
    conservative approach is prudent in finance, not football
    9 passing TD's ..... c'mon
    we are not putting away games and keeping them that way

the coordinators are overseen and supervised by the HC
    sh*t rolls downhill, but it starts rolling from the top

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

For people that want to take up for Fisher as a coach, and don't blame our failures on him:

Example 1:

Deron Jenkins
    Reynaldo Hill
    Eddie George (last 2 seasons)
    McNair (last 2 seasons)
    Fowler
    Lamont Thompson
    etc.

All these players got play time while sucking, and having a better backup behind them. The worst part? Most fans knew this about 2 years before Jeff Fisher did. Many times it took those players getting hurt (or leaving) for Jeff to replace them with their better backups.

Example 2:

How many times have we had a big lead or even just a decent lead going in to half time, and completely dominating a team for an entire half, only to stop trying to score completely, and doing the exact opposite of what was working in the 1st half? How many games has this lost for us? How many did it almost lose, and we were saved by a last minute drive that had urgency, and decent play calling that the entire 2nd half lacked?

Jeff Fisher still hasn't learned that his coaching style went out in 1999. He's the Loyd Carr of the NFL. Eventually, you have to adapt to the game.

Example 3:

Jim Schwartz.

That's all.

5. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Dude, in all seriousness.
    That is the most inteligent post i've seen in weeks

Jeff's biggest flaw is he's stubborn and refuses to change. A great coach adapts constantly to the weapons he has or doesn't have and the changing situations on the field. Fisher refuses to adapt and molds players that don't fit with his "Fisherball" into it even if their play becomes sub par. He doesn't even make REAL adjustments at Halftime except to start playing NOT TO LOSE in the event we're ahead at halftime.
    And god forbid a player like reynaldo or Lamont have a good season their first year because no matter how bad they suck in subsequent seasons Jeff will keep starting them for years to come.

And now that the NFL rules have changed to make scoring with the passing game "EASY" Jeff still thinks 10-14 points will win. It WON'T win too often
    Look at every one of the division winners They all chunk the ball down the feild and are exploiting these new rule chages. Greenbay has practily completely given up the run game and gone all pass.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

left off Peter "the crip" Sirmon getting 2-3m and 16 starts while Tullock rotted on the bench in 2006 off your list there Gloat

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

A quick look at Fisher's lifetime record with a lead heading into the 4th quarter quickly refutes your second point, I'm afraid. The problem with most analysis on this forum is that the vast majority of posters only consider the immediate past instead of the bigger picture.

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Yes and some of us look more at the games than a bunch of numbers and stats :)

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

oh yes and one more question

Got a link for those stats or....

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

13 more seasons? no, a coach overstays his welcome after awhile. but fisher deserves a lot of credit for taking this team to the playoffs. the lines played great and that's a key to success in football.

VY was the only playmaker on the offense. lendale is a guy you need in the NFL because he's big and physical but he's not really a playmaker. i like the way chris davis runs with the ball and paul williams is still an unknown. get a receiver on the first day and maybe another one on day 2 and you can build off that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar