Fisherball, Chow, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Dude, stop making sense.

What you are reading is the irrational thought of fans who are disappointed that Fisher couldn't take a second-year QB with little talent around him in the top skill positions and a team just three seasons removed from a major cap purge to the Super Bowl.

Even with their flaws, the Titans are already a top 10 team in the league. They have talent at QB and RB who will only improve. They have a solid nucleus on defense if they can keep some DL talent.

Once the disappointment fades a bit, more fans will see the glass half full.

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

No Jeff

Thinking we could have won that game isn't an irrational thought.There is no excuse for us getting in the red zone that many times and coming away with 6 points!
    There is absolutely no excuse for our poor offense this year. Some fans are blaming Vince, others are blaming Lendale, still others are blaming the recievers. Ultimately all of those things fall under the umbrella of the coaching staff and the offensive co-ordinator falls under Jeff's umbrella so some of us hold Jeff responsible.
    I am not a psychic so how can you explain the fact that i as well as most of the people around me at the games can accurately predict what offensive play the Titans are going to run 90% of the time? If a simpleton like me knows than Everyone on SD damn sure knows too.
    Anylists on ESPN who get paid big bucks literally laughed out loud at our offense last week on NFL live they said it was so "vanilla it was laughable"
    I'm not a coach. I'm just a fan that's been watching the game for 35 years so i don't know the ins and outs but i can tell you it's pretty damn obviously to most of us out there that when we get in the red zone we run it off tackle or up the middle 3 times and kick a filed goal. We Never/rarely throw to the endzone. It's pretty obvious Jeff is settling for a feild goal.
    SD went for it on 4th down at the one yard line and put the game away last night. They didn't settle for a feild goal and they WON
    "Riverboat Gambler" Jeff would have never done that!
    What is wrong with our offense is LACK OF VISION! Not Vince or mistakes.
    17 points won't win a game in the NFL anymore Check your damn stats you guys love so much! That is unless you're playing the Titans then 10 points will do it!

We're not being irrational! We've been waiting 13 years for a championship
    You want us to wait another 13 years?
    UH NO...
    We want one immediately, We're the fans and it's our god given right to demand one every year!
    Well as long as we play this stupid thing called fisher ball on offensive wich amounts to keeping the score close....keeping the score close on offense? THAT IS STUPID! But that's our philosiphy
    The announcers quoted Jeff last night as saying "Keep the score close until the 4th quarter and see what happens" Let me translate that statement for you "MAYBE WE'LL GET LUCKY" that's is what it amounts to.

Jeff should be fired just for saying something like that. But I'm not advocating that. You can sit there and pretend Fisher has nothing to do with the offensive play calling but logic tells logical people otherwise.
    Norm wasn't calling plays like this at USC. USC offense didn't look vanilla like this. But we've been calling plays like this since 99 and earlier so that tells me it's not Norm. Norm makes the call at the games but jeff gave him limits on what he cold and couldn't do when he came here. How F'ing stupid was that so called tricky first offensive play last night? What good was that?
    RIVER BOAT GAMBLER LOL
    Our offense is a JOKE and Everyone is laughing at it except Titan fans
    Stop making excuses for the coaches!
    WHEN A TEAM LOSES IT'S ALWAYS THE COACHES AND FRONT OFFICE THAT IS AT FAULT!!!
    They Players are just the ingredients! They are what they are and will never be more or less than what they are!
    The coaches are the Chefs! The front office buys the groceries!
    If Dinner sucks blame the chefs not the cow!!
    Our guys played their asses off, even chris brown! If Chris brown sucks or you hate him Don't blame him blame the idiots who brought him in!
    If our players made tons of mistakes don't just blame them, they are who they are! Blame the dunces that said they could win for us.

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

more rant...

I see the posts on here all the time where people respond with

Well we can't do things like this team or that team because they have randy moss or to or whoever.

It's not a damn coincidence teams like the Pats have all that talent stacked up 2 miles high. Their coaches and FO know what they are doing!
    That's why they have so many superbowl wins!! They're 16 - 0
    LUCKY? Got lucky and thier players are good? Their players didn't make any mistakes for 16 games? NO Their coaches and FO are good!

Stop blowing sunshine up our ARSE and telling us what great coaches we have!
    WE DON'T HAVE GREAT COACHES AND FO. Know how us fans know that?
    Because we can see what Great coaches and FO look like all we have to do is look at NE
    Are they in salary cap hell? Will they be in salary cap hell next year? Or the next?
    Salary cap hell isn't an excuse!! It's a reason to blame these so called Great Coaches and FO.

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Under Heimer the O was opened up. How do you think Steve won MVP. Fisher's run plan was still intact as it should be but the passing game was allot more explosive. We should not have let him get away.

5. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

That statement is wrong! ar at least misleading

That had NOTHING to do with Heimer.
    That was a one year anomaly because BUD ADAMS left a game early and told the Tennessean "We are being out coached"
    It was only then that The O Was Opened up. We went to the AFC championship that year.
    That was the year they called Steve "AIR MCNAIR"
    The very next year we went right back to the same old keep it close to the 4th quarter offense.

6. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

We were one of only two teams in the NFL still using the Keep it close until the 4th quarter and see what happens offense.

There was the Titans and The Ravens

BIllick was fired!

Thier FO realizes that every team in the NFL that is winning consistently has the SCORE SCORE SCORE offensive philosiphy

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the ravens also lost nine out of their last ten games.....

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Steve came out of college with the title "Air McNair". If it took BA to make a comment to light a fire, maybe he should do it now again.

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Agree he should make a statement about our offense TODAY

As to the Air Thing, I meant he earned it in the NFL that year

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

we could have easily done the same "We got Lucky"

I'm starting to understand why Mike Keith Called Jeff Fisher a "RIVERBOAT GAMBLER" in a video at LP Feild this year.

It's because of his (to quote Jeff Fisher) "Keep it close until the 4th quarter and see what happens" offense

Which merely amounts to "Maybe we'll get Lucky"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar