Fishercam: Griffin to corner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Jeff Fisher said tonight on Total Access that Griffin is an impact player, and for the time being they want to start working him at corner. This was also in conjuction with showing parts of the Pacman interview with Sanders. So it looks like until Pac returns, Griffin will be a corner. Fisher said his only talks with Pacman since he was suspended were to encourage him to cooperate.

2. dgood

dgood Guest

That is stupid. We need him at S....Finnegan can play corner. Thats it, Fisher is on my list to go with Schwartz now.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im not a fan of it either, but let's at least see if it works.

4. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

I really don't understand this either. Why draft a S to be a CB? Aaron Ross was there if we really wanted a CB. I guess they just felt Griffin was that much better. Some things the Titans do make absolutely no sense.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

griffin will play S long-term, but he was drafted because he can fill in at CB. if they wanted a pure CB, they could have drafted ross, but they dont. they went with griffin because he is athletic enough to play CB short-term and go back to S.

6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Did you ever think they see Griffin as a one year solution to the Pacman absence and then will move him back to Saftey next year? Come people, let the coaches coach for now. If it backfires or doesn't work, then you can b!tch about it.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Or yes, what BigTitan said.

8. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Why would he play at corner... this draft just seemed to be totally out of perspective. He even said on a radio interview that he pretty much had to learn all the positions at Texas on defensive, so I can understand why they would maybe slip him in at corner... And if thats the situation, all this speculation that Thompson would be gone knocks that out the window.

9. dgood

dgood Guest

So does this mean that Brandon Sharp will play across from Hope? Sharp was a Safety at Louisville but ive seen alot about how he can play CB too.

10. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I would even take Griffin over Ross at CB. He has more fluid hips, which is very important when playing CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar