Fishercam: Griffin to corner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Long Post Ahead!!!!

Has our front office gone bonkers?? Fish is my man, but this year they seem like they are losing their collective minds. We have Beau Coup dollars to spend on FA's, any FA's, hell I don't care at this point, (bring in Keyshawn), find someone who will rush the QB, Somebody, ANYBODY!!!!!!, and now were making our #1 draft pick, play a different position. Just like my child, I love them even when they do stupid things, (look out here's the big B word) BUT, this makes absolutely no sense. First, we absolutely, hands down, needed a impact pass rusher (Jarvis Moss), even if we needed to trade up a few spots to get one. Next, we could have used a WR (Meacham), although Falani looks good on the tape I saw of him, and finally we needed a safety (B/c Pac will be back in 10 or less), which we DO pick up, and now are trying to make him a corner, instead of letting him learn the PRO game at the position he played in college. The NFL, is a lot different than college, and he'll have a lot of learning to do at his drafted position, without the burden of having to learn two positions. Hell, I never see someone who is obviously strong in one position, come in and dilute that strength, by making him learn two positions. I'd rather have him be great at one position, rather than average at two positions.

If we needed a stop gap, at corner, I have all the faith in the world that Finnegan would be just fine, no.... excel, at the other corner position. then the argments come, "who will play the nickel?", Damn that, that's where Hill would have to play, and if he couldn't play there then he needs to bounce, and let the others give it a shot.

Here's how it should go, Harper and Finnegan at corner, Hope and Griffin at safety, and Hill/Fuller/Lowry, oh, and by the way, is Woolfolk even still with the team, if so, has he fallen that much out of favor with the coaching staff, if so, then they need to cut his @$$.

Okay, after the long rant, I guess Fisher and the others in the FO have been doing this alot longer than any of us, so they obviously should know better than we do.

Let's hope so.

People are laughing at us right about now...I hope we have the last laugh.

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

:ha: Thanks, now I can't get that dude's voice or that stupid music outta my head.

3. Big Papi

Big Papi Guest

I couldn't disagree more, Lamonts problem is not Rey...Lamonts problem is that he can not stay in position on a regular basis and defenses expose this game in and game out...He overcommits way too much. Lamont needs to go. As for moving Griffin, if it isn't broke then why fix it, this man was one of the best safeties in this years draft. I hope it works out, because if it doesnt, it will set Griffin's carreer back.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I knew someone would recognize it :ha:

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

But people. Do you not remember how good Thompson was?

I remember he almost killed a guy on the Panthers in 2003. Im in the process if converting that game onto a disk cuz I have it on tape. It was a sick hit.

Im not trying to defend the guy but I almost feel like I have to.

He had 73 tackles last season...
    80 the year before.

Hes not that bad. He needs 1 more chance to prove that.

Now that Reynaldo is out of the starting CB position I can guarantee you the long ball stops happening to us. And Lamont will play better.

Regardless if Lamont starts or doesn't start hes going to still be on the team for the 2007 season because he is an excellent special teamer.

6. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

I like this pick more and more everyday. He can play corner till Pacman returns and then move to safety. Poor guy not only is he taking 1 person's job, but two....

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reynaldo has nothing to do with Lamont being at the LOS when they throw a Hail Mary.

And what reason do you have for Lamont getting burned on Pacmans side of the field?

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Constantly last season we would put Rey on the dominate receiver and Pacman on the other.

It was Rey who gave up more long balls

I have every game on the DVR.. well mostly all of them..

And I constantly see Rey getting burned and Lamont having to come over and make the tackle. Rey got burned big time against the Pats at the end of the season and Lamont had to drop to the left to try and help and he was too late. He shouldn't have to be the main person to make the play. Free Safeties responsibility is to cover the long ball not play corner and also help stop the run. He does not need to play both corner and Safety

9. PeterParker

PeterParker Camp Fodder

Its an experiment that Fisher wants to try out. Fisher played DB we knows what he doing. We cant lose with this one. We know Griffin can play safety. He bring speed to the corner position. We need all the speed we can get at corner. Hill and Harper are too slow. If it doesn't work he moves back to safety. It's only the offseason.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Pac and Rey weren't assigned to a specific reciever, they both played one side of the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar